Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading The Linux Graphics Driver How-To Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reading The Linux Graphics Driver How-To Book

    Phoronix: Reading The Linux Graphics Driver How-To Book

    For those wondering about the outcome of the Linux graphics driver development book that was worked on back in September prior to XDC2012, the book continues to be worked on a bit for those interested in reading it...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIxMDk

  • #2
    Now we need some way to use the drivers, kinda like how SVGAlib did (unless we're stuck with SDL).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by STrRedWolf View Post
      Now we need some way to use the drivers, kinda like how SVGAlib did (unless we're stuck with SDL).
      You have plenty of graphics libraries implementing programming interfaces to use your graphics hardware. The main graphics API is called OpenGL and I'm sure it's available on your distro.

      SDL is awesome!

      Comment


      • #4
        PDF format or something more common would be appreciated

        Comment


        • #5
          Disappointing, but understandable. They could simply have stated that there was not enough motivation to work on it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            PDF format or something more common would be appreciated
            This is in LaTeX and therefore written in stone, while easily printed into pdf or many other formats without loss of formatting...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by disi View Post
              This is in LaTeX and therefore written in stone, while easily printed into pdf or many other formats without loss of formatting...
              Yes i know and its a personal thing. I find genital warts more appealing than LaTeX.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                Yes i know and its a personal thing. I find genital warts more appealing than LaTeX.
                Not sure how many books or maths assignments you wrote, but this is definitely the right way to go...

                LaTeX-Lover <3

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                  Yes i know and its a personal thing. I find genital warts more appealing than LaTeX.
                  How appealing do you find looking at something like this?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                    How appealing do you find looking at something like this?
                    It also automates management of citations, bibliographies etc.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X