Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Is Now A 501(c)3

Phoronix: X.Org Is Now A 501(c)3

The X.Org Foundation, which backs the development of the X11/X.Org Server and now a steward to other technologies like Mesa and Wayland, is a registered charitable organization...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExODE

For fuck sake, no beer pictures!

I am trying to read this at work, I don't want my boss and co-workers thinking I browse beer and shit.

Comment

Have they tried kickstarter ?

I was wondering how many the Xorg foundation could raise if they were asking people for features they want/need...
      Kickstarters are very popular those days, if it works for video games, it may also work for key FOSS components like Xorg (which really needs investment).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I am trying to read this at work, I don't want my boss and co-workers thinking I browse beer and shit.
        Your boss must be a real stick in the mud. When we have to work late, my boss BRINGS us beer

Comment

Good to see they can choose good beer Zirndorfer is pretty much the best value for money you can find in Franconia

Comment

about the beer

This beer (Zirndofer) is actually a very good Frankonian brew.

Comment

The beer photo was actually from a few weeks ago when we were at Samsa in NUE for Luc's birthday :P
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So they allow you to read phoronix but not to surfe beer? In that case explain that phoronix shows a lot of beer picture.
                Or you could install a script to load images from phoronix conditionally.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                  So they allow you to read phoronix but not to surfe beer? In that case explain that phoronix shows a lot of beer picture.
                  Or you could install a script to load images from phoronix conditionally.
                  No, they don't allow me to read Phoronix.
                  But I do it anyway.
                  But when they see beer pictures, they know I am not working.

Comment

No, they don't allow me to read Phoronix.
                    But I do it anyway.
                    But when they see beer pictures, they know I am not working.

Stop complaining and get back to work :-\

Comment

Working...
                    X