Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Is Now A 501(c)3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • X.Org Is Now A 501(c)3

    Phoronix: X.Org Is Now A 501(c)3

    The X.Org Foundation, which backs the development of the X11/X.Org Server and now a steward to other technologies like Mesa and Wayland, is a registered charitable organization...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExODE

  • #2
    For fuck sake, no beer pictures!

    I am trying to read this at work, I don't want my boss and co-workers thinking I browse beer and shit.

    Comment


    • #3
      Have they tried kickstarter ?

      I was wondering how many the Xorg foundation could raise if they were asking people for features they want/need...
      Kickstarters are very popular those days, if it works for video games, it may also work for key FOSS components like Xorg (which really needs investment).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        For fuck sake, no beer pictures!

        I am trying to read this at work, I don't want my boss and co-workers thinking I browse beer and shit.
        Your boss must be a real stick in the mud. When we have to work late, my boss BRINGS us beer

        Comment


        • #5
          Good to see they can choose good beer Zirndorfer is pretty much the best value for money you can find in Franconia

          Comment


          • #6
            about the beer

            This beer (Zirndofer) is actually a very good Frankonian brew.

            Comment


            • #7
              The beer photo was actually from a few weeks ago when we were at Samsa in NUE for Luc's birthday :P
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                For fuck sake, no beer pictures!

                I am trying to read this at work, I don't want my boss and co-workers thinking I browse beer and shit.
                So they allow you to read phoronix but not to surfe beer? In that case explain that phoronix shows a lot of beer picture.
                Or you could install a script to load images from phoronix conditionally.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                  So they allow you to read phoronix but not to surfe beer? In that case explain that phoronix shows a lot of beer picture.
                  Or you could install a script to load images from phoronix conditionally.
                  No, they don't allow me to read Phoronix.
                  But I do it anyway.
                  But when they see beer pictures, they know I am not working.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    No, they don't allow me to read Phoronix.
                    But I do it anyway.
                    But when they see beer pictures, they know I am not working.

                    Stop complaining and get back to work :-\

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by spykes View Post
                      I was wondering how many the Xorg foundation could raise if they were asking people for features they want/need...
                      Kickstarters are very popular those days, if it works for video games, it may also work for key FOSS components like Xorg (which really needs investment).
                      the problem isn't lack of funds, it's lack of developer time/availability.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by daniels View Post
                        the problem isn't lack of funds, it's lack of developer time/availability.
                        With enough funds you can hire people, which solves the lack of developer time/availability.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You can hire people, but can you hire people with the required skills?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by archibald View Post
                            You can hire people, but can you hire people with the required skills?
                            Do the right job description, give people trials... I don't know.
                            How does Mozilla hire people (for example) ?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                              No, they don't allow me to read Phoronix.
                              But I do it anyway.
                              But when they see beer pictures, they know I am not working.
                              I'm sending this to your boss.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X