Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DDX X.Org Server API Changes Are Pushed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New DDX X.Org Server API Changes Are Pushed

    Phoronix: New DDX X.Org Server API Changes Are Pushed

    The first step of the X.Org Server API changes for the DDX drivers to allow for some more modern GPU driver functionality has landed in the mainline Git repository for the xorg-server...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTEwNjE

  • #2
    I just can't seem to remember, but since it's the DDX drivers, this doesn't apply to Gallium? Or are they the same? DDX are the old ones right? *confused*

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
      I just can't seem to remember, but since it's the DDX drivers, this doesn't apply to Gallium? Or are they the same? DDX are the old ones right? *confused*
      DDX drivers are the 2D only ones in X, so it doesn't have anything to do with Mesa or Gallium.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        DDX drivers are the 2D only ones in X, so it doesn't have anything to do with Mesa or Gallium.
        Ah ok, thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Jeez. This could all land in time for the Fall distro cycle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            DDX drivers are the 2D only ones in X, so it doesn't have anything to do with Mesa or Gallium.
            Not anything? Don't they use some 2d state trackers like XAA and stuff?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
              Not anything? Don't they use some 2d state trackers like XAA and stuff?
              XAA is the old acceleration architecture for the DDX drivers this was superseded by EXA and UXA, SNA & Glamour in the Intel DDX

              There is an xorg statetracker and a new xa statetracker. The latter is only used by one of the virtualisation drivers. The former is only really now being used by the RadeonSI driver but can potentially be used by any gallium driver. It basically creates a DDX driver

              Hope this helps

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, was meant to be xa.

                I meant to ask: ddx drivers can (and some do) use gallium stuff...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                  Yes, was meant to be xa.

                  I meant to ask: ddx drivers can (and some do) use gallium stuff...
                  No, it's the reverse. The gallium stuff can replace the old DDX drivers, at least theoretically. DDX doesn't use gallium.

                  I'm guessing the xa state tracker in gallium will have to get the same API changes the ati/intel/nouveau DDX drivers are getting here.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X