Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClickPad Support For The Synaptics Driver

Phoronix: ClickPad Support For The Synaptics Driver

Besides X Input 2.2 multi-touch, within the X.Org / Linux input world, one of the recent patch-sets going through several revisions with comments has been for introducing ClickPad support in the Synaptics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This soulds grate i have a HP with an area on its trackpad for disabeling/enable the trackpad and i really miss it when writing.

Comment

That type of support is not part of the clickpad and won't be included with the clickpad patches.

To get it you need to patch the psmouse kernel module as well as the synaptics xorg driver. What distribution do you use?

Comment

Ubuntu 11.10

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          The patch-set, which is comprised of ten patches, was originally authored by Chase Douglas at Canonical (yes, an upstream contribution from Canonical! [...]).
          If you take a wee peek at the xorg-devel archives, you will see that this is not even Chase's first upstream contribution on behalf of Canonical. (Hint: multitouch.)

Comment

To get the led support you need to rebuild the psmouse.ko kernel driver. I have a PKGBUILD for Arch Linux to do this [1]. You need to have the headers installed for your kernel and the source for drivers/input/mouse/.

Then, to actually make that usefull you need to patch the synaptics xorg driver. You can see how to do this here [2]. There are two led patches that you'll need. All the clickpad stuff is obsolete. It was all originally written by a Suse developer. The clickpad stuff has been redone by an Ubuntu developer. So just grab the two LED patches.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49284
            [2] https://github.com/mmonaco/xf86-inpu...ptics-clickpad

Comment

Working...
            X