Vandalizing Open-Source Drivers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by airlied View Post
    I think he already said that a few drinks had been consumed, since i was consuming drinks at the early stage of the night with the same people.

Of course it would be simpler if it was some sort of Red Hat plot that is if you were an idiot. You and Luc should write a book of conspiracy theories. Mel Gibson might play you in a movie.

Dave.
    No need for movie, he (ajax) gets extra beer from me anytime for just NOT doing smthing like this and to this extent. He didn't just get Luc attention, I think he got himself attention from 80% linux userbase today. Way more popular than Mel, if you ask me

Comment

Phoronix got hthe im attention...

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      He didn't just get Luc attention, I think he got himself attention from 80% linux userbase today. Way more popular than Mel, if you ask me
      I don't condone what he did (it was really dumb), but in his defense, he probably wasn't counting on the news making it to Phoronix. That's where the attention comes from; he didn't get it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
        No. Moral of the story, someone with root access on those servers thinks playing pranks is a good use of the trust people have given him. Harmless or not, this is a pretty bad look for FD.o...
        It doesn't look bad at all. No one is suggesting their servers got rooted. The worst thing about this is the stuffy reaction on the mailing list; who the hell wants to deal with that project.

someone ... thinks playing pranks is a good use of the trust people have given him
        Christmas at the Delgarde household must be splendid fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Plombo View Post
          I don't condone what he did (it was really dumb), but in his defense, he probably wasn't counting on the news making it to Phoronix. That's where the attention comes from; he didn't get it himself.
          The result should've been rather clear to especially these two individuals.

Comment

Aw, this was just so unnecessary. A simple warning (or perhaps even an error if one wants to really make the point) at the end of configure that the driver isn't actively maintained anymore should've sufficed...

Comment

Or actually at the beginning. Saves time configuring.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                Or actually at the beginning. Saves time configuring.
                Well, it would've been, if this really was about the driver being unmaintained. They never went and vandalized other unmaintained drivers. Heck, they could go and vandalize drivers which are still in the build script and people would be less upset.

Necrophilia is what i have come to name it, or dancing on a dead man's corpse. Whatever image is the least upsetting to you.

And the worst thing; they are not stopped, and only superficially berated, even though these guys have abused their positions at fd.o in the radeonhd story before, and will abuse them again for whatever future project that is not to their liking.

Comment

Working...
                X