Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vandalizing Open-Source Drivers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    We have a security talk here
    Trust is a weakness. (C) introversion
    Trust is a strength too, as it's how you work together.

    Comment


    • #12
      hmm.. obviously a star trek fan.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQwHwP0ojI

      Comment


      • #13
        Morale is: don't submit to git when drunk&high.

        Comment


        • #14
          The moral of the story: lulz were had, no permanent damage was done, some people got butthurt.

          Comment


          • #15
            Maybe being a bit paranoid, but I remember this happening before when Novell fired a radeonhd dev. Could it be that... ?

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              Maybe being a bit paranoid, but I remember this happening before when Novell fired a radeonhd dev. Could it be that... ?
              Eh?

              I am the radeonhd dev that got fired by novell. And I updated the email address to my copyrights, which is a necessary change to any software you have contributed to, this was not vandalism, this was at most showing that i was one of the victims.

              The other authors were all perfectly ok with this change too, and why wouldn't they?

              To top that, i do not have root access to kemper.freedesktop.org, and i made it quite clear that i was the one making the change.

              Comment


              • #17
                It was all over tthe news that you deleted your work... <_<'

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  It was all over tthe news that you deleted your work... <_<'
                  You were not on the phoronix forums at that time, so you must have been reading not such reliable news sites then.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
                    Trust is a strength too, as it's how you work together.
                    No, no. Trust is a weakness. It means blind trust. Something that you do, if you run ANY sort of proprietary, because you have no choice.

                    Trust does not cancel out verification. Then it works
                    Which is part Linus law.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by libv View Post
                      You were not on the phoronix forums at that time, so you must have been reading not such reliable news sites then.
                      At least you could post "Fck microsoft" instead.
                      Just joking )

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X