Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Is Looking For A New Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • X.Org Is Looking For A New Logo

    Phoronix: X.Org Is Looking For A New Logo

    XDS 2010 has just begun in Toulouse, France. Well, besides yesterday's pre-event where we were discussing Wayland and other topics. At the moment just the X.Org Foundation itself is being discussed...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODYwMw

  • #2
    Recording in HD, with integrated microphone is just pointless.
    It won't do any good job for non native speakers like me, who need to hear talks very clear to understand
    Please Michael, can't you arrange external microphone output, and then replace stream audio with it?

    Comment


    • #3
      I think he's actually recording from line, so the audio source will be clear.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Drago View Post
        Recording in HD, with integrated microphone is just pointless.
        It won't do any good job for non native speakers like me, who need to hear talks very clear to understand
        Please Michael, can't you arrange external microphone output, and then replace stream audio with it?
        That's right. I barely understood a word in last years recordings.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
          I think he's actually recording from line, so the audio source will be clear.
          For the pure audio MP3 file that is from the line source, but not for the video recording. Those so inclined can manually mix the two, but I have no plans to bother properly mixing it for a non-premium distribution.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Michael View Post
            For the pure audio MP3 file that is from the line source, but not for the video recording. Those so inclined can manually mix the two, but I have no plans to bother properly mixing it for a non-premium distribution.
            As I promised, I am going premium as soon as my new VISA card gets acknowledged. Should I understand you will do the mix for premium videos?

            Comment


            • #7
              I got an awesome, simple, recognisable, distinct, split in two pieces ("client and server") and only one color logo. But I need a good GIMP expert...

              Comment


              • #8
                I also strongly suggest renaming X.org project to something more easily searchable via search machines.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I find X.org to be a very simplistic and ellegant name. How's Apple any good for search?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    I got an awesome, simple, recognisable, distinct, split in two pieces ("client and server") and only one color logo. But I need a good GIMP expert...
                    A logo should really be done with a vector drawing program like Inkscape. What exactly do you have in mind for the logo?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X