They are not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      Thats nice.
      But not applicable.
      It is a T91 in that video.
      We are talking about T91MT.
      They are not the same.
      Well with the MT standing for Multi Touch and looking at the specs, I can't realy find any difference compared to the 'standard' T91. But then again that video was from a pre-production model. It wouldn't be the first time that ASUS has shown Eee PC's that, when released, turned out to miss a lot of features (CeBit 2007 or 2008, touch screens? Yeah, right). But in any case you do not have that lid? (non-rethorical).

I guess I am still waiting for a 8,9 inch Eee PC that does have 3G, a larger resolution and one of those next-gen batteries like with the new Apple MacBooks that can last up to 5 years untill you reach the 80% mark. Those batteries can give you up to ten hours of word processing, surfing and chatting and that 5 years lifetime is with 1 charge a day.

Too bad. I was almost going to buy one, but in the mean time my battery-dead Eee PC 900 will do the job :')

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        Well with the MT standing for Multi Touch and looking at the specs, I can't realy find any difference compared to the 'standard' T91. But then again that video was from a pre-production model. It wouldn't be the first time that ASUS has shown Eee PC's that, when released, turned out to miss a lot of features (CeBit 2007 or 2008, touch screens? Yeah, right). But in any case you do not have that lid? (non-rethorical).
        The lid is there. There is a nice stick of ram under it and some blanks on the mainboard where a sim slot might be attached.

Maybe europe model has it?

I guess I am still waiting for a 8,9 inch Eee PC that does have 3G, a larger resolution and one of those next-gen batteries like with the new Apple MacBooks that can last up to 5 years untill you reach the 80% mark. Those batteries can give you up to ten hours of word processing, surfing and chatting and that 5 years lifetime is with 1 charge a day.

Too bad. I was almost going to buy one, but in the mean time my battery-dead Eee PC 900 will do the job :')
        Battery life is very good... pretty much goes all day if wireless is off and the screen isn't on full bright... and light use. Still goes for several hours when you crank it.

UPDATE:
        looks like the multitouch drivers for this device (and some others) are in for kernel 2.6.34.

Here's where the insanity begins though;
        the X driver requires MPX, which is xserver 1.7+
        psb/iegd only works up to xserver 1.6

... which basically makes it impossible to use the binary drivers AND have multitouch. Oh well, at least single-touch works on xserver 1.6.... and its not a particularly great multitouch device anyways -- only two points trackable.

Comment

Working...
        X