Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org 7.5 Now Released

Phoronix: X.Org 7.5 Now Released

X Server 1.7 was released earlier this month thereby paving the way for the release of X.Org 7.5, which is finally out there this afternoon. X.Org 7.5 consists of X Server 1.7.1 and all of the latest drivers, libraries, and other modules. The key features introduced since X.Org 7.4 last year are Multi-Pointer X, X Input 2.0, input device properties, RandR 1.3, and DRI2...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzY0NQ

yay.... finally too bad it didn't make it for ubuntu 9.10

Comment

Does anyone know if the AMD Catalyst driver works with this? Gentoo pushed this into portage, but I'm a bit afraid to do the update.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Does anyone know if the AMD Catalyst driver works with this? Gentoo pushed this into portage, but I'm a bit afraid to do the update.
        Don't expect Xserver 1.7 support in 2009.

Comment

Great. Not.

Comment

they don't. And I don't think they will before 2010.

The nvidia drivers have trouble too. And downgrading is a nightmare. So.. don't touch that stuff. It was painfull.

Comment

I did touch it.

Fortunately downgrading was relatively easy; I've created binpkgs before the upgrade

Comment

Did only test vbox with xserver 1.7, that worked at least. But shouldn't Nvidia 190.36+ driver work with it?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138892

Comment

I did touch it.

Fortunately downgrading was relatively easy; I've created binpkgs before the upgrade
                  I always create them

Comment

Just buy a better supported card if you always need the latest

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Just buy a better supported card if you always need the latest
                      I am not sure that using a matrox mystique 220 is really a solution.

Comment

It is very unlikely that current nv cards are not supported.

Comment

first page of nvnews does not make it look like there is any working support :P

Comment

Working...
                          X