fglrx | AMD/ATI catalyst !
- don't support proper video or opengl playback during composited desktop (flickering)
- don't support preemptive rcu
- don't properly support fully preemptive kernel
- don't support rt-kernel
- often lead to black screen which can't be restored
mostly when running composited desktop after some time
and several users logging in and out of their account (running gdm)
only MagicSysRQ Key works in those cases
- STILL hardlocks kernel when logging out of the composited desktop session (using gdm) OR when being forced to restart gdm/kdm several time OR remove the fglrx kernel-module and restarting gdm
- providing bad performance compared to an 7600 GT (I'm using an Radeon HD 4850 !)
- their support for new linux kernel versions is ridiculous !
I'm really looking forward to the xf86-video-radeonhd when it will be support powermanagement, 3D and other stuff properly my desktop mostly will be free