No X Server 1.6 Release In Sight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
    Or you can just use the official ATI driver and get two or so times better 3d-performance. I never cared that the NVIDIA drivers (I have a 512 MB GF 8 8600 GT) are closed source, because at least for me, they work fine.
    In Jaunty? Did you see how long it took for fglrx to get support for Intrepid/XServer1.5? In the end they only made it by sharing information with the Ubuntu guys to make a special version of fglrx 8.10 for Intrepid.

I think there likely won't be a problem by Jaunty's release date, but it wouldn't surprise me if fglrx doesn't support it at launch. I'm actually quite happy with the driver, but it's frustrating to be dependent on certain kernel/xorg versions. Hopefully R700 3d support will come along soon in the OSS drivers

Comment

maybe they would have less problems if intel would stop with the current 'lets half implement this cool idea, then switch fokus or dump it' policy?

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
        maybe they would have less problems if intel would stop with the current 'lets half implement this cool idea, then switch fokus or dump it' policy?
        Now what, Sir, do you mean?

Comment

just look at the news archive and all that fancy projects by intel paid devs.
          Then remember who to thank about the DRI2 pull.

Comment

Working...
          X