Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 Announces New GPU, Magical Linux Driver

Phoronix: S3 Announces New GPU, Magical Linux Driver

In addition to VIA announcing a register documentation drop and driver partnership, S3 Graphics, which is a VIA Technologies joint venture company, has announced a new graphics card. Earlier this year S3 announced the Chrome 440 GTX, but today's press release christens the Chrome 500 series...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njg2Nw

So is this register-compatible with any of the documented IGPs, or is it a different family?

Comment

My gut-feeling is that they just tried to fish for some additional press-attantion with this. If anyone pokes them refering to their press-release I'd expect a reply along the lines "Oops, did we mention Linux there. Nah sorry, that was just a typo."

Best regards ...

Mirco

Comment

Originally posted by MacSlow View Post
        My gut-feeling is that they just tried to fish for some additional press-attantion with this. If anyone pokes them refering to their press-release I'd expect a reply along the lines "Oops, did we mention Linux there. Nah sorry, that was just a typo."

Best regards ...

Mirco
        Still waiting on a reply from them
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

ATI already has a OpenGL 3.0 Driver since Catalyst 8.9

Comment

Originally posted by thacrazze View Post
            ATI already has a OpenGL 3.0 Driver since Catalyst 8.9
            But does it work?

Comment

This would be pretty nice if it does work out. Maybe even a competitor to Radeon HD4350, they appear to be priced similarly.

Comment

Michael Larabel wrote some really negatively biased articles there. Why so much scepticism?
                Clearly via/s3 is on the right path - they deserve some gratification and encouragement (especially the latter).

Comment

Working...
                X