No announcement yet.

Video Showing Off Hawaii Desktop Running On Wayland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it'll be years before it's in a usable state for most humans who want to use their computers to do useful stuff. Is Wayland really designed for Humans (with a capital)? I bet Samsung would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      @1:06, what happened to the "every frame is perfect" concept?!
      What's wrong at 1:06?

every frame is perfect means that every frame is shown as it's expected to be, so no tearing and no garbage. It doesn't mean the the content of every frame will be perfect, that's up to the clients and impossible to enforce.

Comment

Originally posted by giucam View Post

every frame is perfect means that every frame is shown as it's expected to be, so no tearing and no garbage. It doesn't mean the the content of every frame will be perfect, that's up to the clients and impossible to enforce.
        Yup, I'm actually criticizing the client since it's part of the Hawaii DE, or is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by giucam View Post

Well, that is exactly my experience with using X right now. No tearing no garbage. Nowadays nobody will notice any dramatic difference between waylaid and X

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
            Well, that is exactly my experience with using X right now. No tearing no garbage. Nowadays nobody will notice any dramatic difference between waylaid and X
            I think the ones who will notice dramatic difference are the developers, and that, in theory, should speed up the progress in Linux GUI in general.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
              I think the ones who will notice dramatic difference are the developers, and that, in theory, should speed up the progress in Linux GUI in general.
              Absolutely . I expect less bugs an real improvements, so there is no excuse now.

Comment

Working...
              X