Advancements Continue Around Wayland, GNOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liam View Post
    Didn't the gnome project just move to a new new gtkwebkit called gtkwebkit2? That could've introduced some problems.
    As far as Qt is concerned, aren't they moving to a new web renderer (based on the new google project)?
    It's actually webkit2gtk, the GTK+ port of WebKit2. One of the differences is that it uses a seperate process for plugins, like Mozilla does with Gecko (plugin-container), so GTK+2 plugins can work with GTK+3 apps. Adobe Flash Player (it's GTK+2 app) didn't work with Epiphany 3.x untill it was ported to webkit2gtk. See [1] for more info.

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKit2

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      Should I assume something else? If yes, then please explain to me why the don't share as much as possible.
      I'm pretty sure they share quite a lot. Most of the stuff they don't share is either based on ideals or the different software they use to build their DE.

It's like me making coffee in a percolator and you telling me coffee makers are better because more people are behind them. Meanwhile, I'm over here enjoying my idea of a perfectly brewed cup and somebody else using a coffee maker is enjoying THEIR idea of a perfectly brewed cup.
      We're not fighting about which is better, we're both enjoying our idea of of the "perfect cup" made in two different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        I'm pretty sure they share quite a lot. Most of the stuff they don't share is either based on ideals or the different software they use to build their DE.

It's like me making coffee in a percolator and you telling me coffee makers are better because more people are behind them. Meanwhile, I'm over here enjoying my idea of a perfectly brewed cup and somebody else using a coffee maker is enjoying THEIR idea of a perfectly brewed cup.
        We're not fighting about which is better, we're both enjoying our idea of of the "perfect cup" made in two different ways.
        That's true, but there are some people that take it as there is actually a "right way" to brew coffee and those get mad at the ones who "do it wrong". It's a stupid discussion, but it happens A LOT. People tend to get mad instead of enjoying their damn coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
          That's true, but there are some people that take it as there is actually a "right way" to brew coffee and those get mad at the ones who "do it wrong". It's a stupid discussion, but it happens A LOT. People tend to get mad instead of enjoying their damn coffee.
          Or grilling - gas or charcoal. Huge debates erupt over the silliest things. People become emotionally invested in their argument, and become seriously enraged over stuff like this because it's difficult to believe someone could be so stupid as to disagree with you.

Got to love the internet.

Comment

Working...
          X