Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell 3.10 Is Ready To Shine On Wayland

Phoronix: GNOME Shell 3.10 Is Ready To Shine On Wayland

GNOME Shell 3.9.92 was released this morning as the GNOME Shell 3.10 release candidate. With this latest release of the core GNOME 3 user-interface, the Wayland branch has been merged!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there some Debian-based distribution with good Wayland support? I like Fedora, I just don't like RPM and the package management...

Comment

I wonder when Fedora 20 picks this update.

Comment

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
        Is there some Debian-based distribution with good Wayland support? I like Fedora, I just don't like RPM and the package management...
        aptosid or siduction...

But you're probably better off with fedora since it integrates systemd and gnome better.

Comment

I hope this won't be too painful to set up in Arch, since that's probably the most feasible way to really use it before Fedora 20.

Comment

Would you explain what you don't like about rpm/yum?

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
              I hope this won't be too painful to set up in Arch, since that's probably the most feasible way to really use it before Fedora 20.
              Why should it be? Once 3.10 moves into [extra] repo you simply update your system, that's it. You'll have the wayland package installed already anyway, because gtk3 and mesa pull it as a dependency.

Comment

Great news!

I should try this out on my test machine.

Comment

And eventually...

Comment

Maybe a Kubuntu based? (RebeccaBlackOS)

Download RebeccaBlackOS for free. Fan Made RebeccaBlackOS. VT-less Linux With Wayland. I got the idea to name a Linux distribution after my favorite celebrity after I saw some earlier Linux distributions named after celebrities, and also this KDE blog post. http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/blog/2011/05/02/splash-screens-and-qml/ And then I thought, she deserves the free promo too.

Comment

Working...
                    X