Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 Moves Ahead With Wayland Tech Preview

Phoronix: Fedora 20 Moves Ahead With Wayland Tech Preview

If all goes according to plan by Red Hat engineers operating in conjunction with Intel, Fedora 20 will be the first tier-one Linux distribution with decent support for Wayland and a usable desktop environment having its own compositor...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ1NzU

This is how you release software for testing and develop software you don't force buggy beta shit

this post here brings me great happiness
    "But we do think that it will at least be in a state where developers can easily start playing with it and where the community can help us find issues and bugs, so that we can reach our goal of having a full featured and stable GNOME running on Wayland ready for Fedora 21."

Edit that post wa too far off even for me
    Last edited by LinuxGamer; 09-09-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      Dear Shuttleworth + other contributor agreement lovers,

F U!

Best regards
      Intel+Redhat-Gnome+free communities
      The F*** You was from 99% of the FOSS communities

Comment

And again the usual circlejerk is going on here...

Comment

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
          You're the Pivot Man

Comment

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
            Even when the thread has nothing to do with Canonical, the circle jerkers come out in full force. It's a shame that the people who have the least to say talk the most...

Comment

the best news in years!!!

Comment

fedora 19 vs 20

fedora 19 the worst fedora ever, "fedora 20, calm I'll be even worse, don t worry be happy"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                  fedora 19 the worst fedora ever, "fedora 20, calm I'll be even worse, don t worry be happy"
                  Blatant troll. Welcome to the ignorelist.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    Even when the thread has nothing to do with Canonical, the circle jerkers come out in full force. It's a shame that the people who have the least to say talk the most...
                    its ok you can be a Pivot Man too we will let you

Comment

Guys, on behalf of everyone sensible who advocates for Wayland and thinks Mir is a bad idea,

please stop helping.

Comment

red hat and other

this guys give up from desktop, now only gives bad distros with the name fedora, no one with brains use fedora, nothing works well

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                          Blatant troll. Welcome to the ignorelist.
                          He's not trolling. I'm using Fedora 19 right now and the installer is extremely fragile and unintuitive while NetworkManager can't be made to do anything beyond DHCP and WiFi. I even had issues with the static ip, the WPA Hotspot and the firewall...

Nevertheless, Fedora 20 sounds extremely promising. Especially installing connman and E17

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
                            He's not trolling. I'm using Fedora 19 right now and the installer is extremely fragile and unintuitive while NetworkManager can't be made to do anything beyond DHCP and WiFi. I even had issues with the static ip, the WPA Hotspot and the firewall...

Nevertheless, Fedora 20 sounds extremely promising. Especially installing connman and E17
                            He's trolling, or at minimum flamebaiting, if he blatantly says "This sucks." And nothing else (Read some of his other recent posts theyre all flamebait waiting to catch fire).

Installer fragile? Yes, granted. Better than in 18 though, and 20 I heard is supposed to have a few more changes to tweak it a bit. (Personally I wish they would've adopted Ubuntu's ubiquity and just modified it to suit their purposes... Installer is one thing Ubuntu got really right)

Network Manager... Not sure about your issues with static IP and the WPA hotspot (mine work fine, maybe some weird hardware incompatibility?) Firewall..I honestly dont even turn it on so I can't comment. If you were talking about bridging and more Virtual Machine stuff like that, thats all coming in Fedora 20. Upstream NM didn't have support for it before, now they do.

Fedora 20 is gonna niiiiiiiiice. KDE 4.11, Kernel 3.11, Gnome 3.10, Wayland, and E17... Just...Yes XD

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                              <stupid bullshit>
                              Speaking of people who have nothing to say that blather on endlessly...

Comment

Working...
                              X