Fedora 20 Moves Ahead With Wayland Tech Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by finalzone View Post
    Your example lack comments and description about those purposes of lines. Are those codes a service file or an executable?
    This code may be obvious for you but not for other administrators.
    systemd lets you use shell inside service. Using jrch2k8's example
    if a linux/unix administrator can't recognize a snippet of a shell script, then i suggest another job
    init runs the script associated with the requested run level, and thats all it does (dosent have to be a script rly, but i doubt many even know how exec() works)

faster boot with systemd is a side effect of parallelization, something that a shell can do too

thx for the links
    don't think i will read them all, since the first paragraph of the first link is pure FUD (read semi lies and bullshit)

from my last post i investigated bit more about the topic
    it's not for me as it is needlessly complicated (in design, and implementation (the whole thing, not selected part)), and i like simple stuff
    i said i dont wanna fight
    do what you want, just dont force others to comply
    (more precisely, Lennart should stop calling others "archaic morons" (loosely quoted), im younger then him and dont agree on some parts)

with regards, gens
    Last edited by gens; 09-15-2013, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gens View Post
      if a linux/unix administrator can't recognize a snippet of a shell script, then i suggest another job
      And you think ignoring what is most likely becoming the standard init-system on Linux is a good way to get your career going?

Comment

Working...
      X