Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4.11 Released With Its Early KWin Wayland Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    updated my opensuse repo from 4.10 to 4.11 and have to say it runs really smooth so far !

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
      Nothing against Juk but: maybe cause no one is interested in him? I think nearly everybody uses a player like Amarok or mpd.
      Juk is to slow if you have large music collections.
      Juk is being ported, just slowly.
      And yes, Juk's database is slow. Hopefully it'll be ported to Nepomuk or SQLite in the process.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        Juk is being ported, just slowly.
        And yes, Juk's database is slow. Hopefully it'll be ported to Nepomuk or SQLite in the process.
        I hope they use the same ressource as Amarok if they port to Nepomok.

        Comment


        • #24
          After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.

          Comment


          • #25
            Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
            Do you have kwin crash issues?

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by
              makomk;351296
              After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.
              Funky, glad I have never ran into this on my laptop or desktop.
              Last edited by bakgwailo; 08-16-2013, 03:53 PM.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by rvdboom View Post
                Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
                Do you have kwin crash issues?
                Me, Fedora with the latest stack, no crashes

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by rvdboom View Post
                  Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
                  Do you have kwin crash issues?
                  I am running KDE 4.11 both with r600g (Radeon HD 4570) and radeonsi (Radeon HD 7870) and the desktop is pretty solid. No crashes due to the desktop itself with the open drivers.

                  Regards,

                  Josť

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by rvdboom View Post
                    Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
                    Do you have kwin crash issues?
                    I have an ATI card in my laptop (Radeon HD 6730M/6770M/7690M), and using both the latest stable and beta Catalyst driver, I did all sorts of weird stuff with window decorations. No crashes, but it is pretty much all documented under: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=323065. Feel free to add to the bug report if this is what you are talking about (haven't tried the FOS drivers yet as I need the 3.11 power management first since it is a laptop). Didn't happen to me in 4.10.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by makomk View Post
                      After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.
                      Once or twice a day for me. Kubuntu 13.04, KDE 4.10 and 4.11, nVidia proprietary driver. Whenever the crash happens, it's in conjunction with a system notification. But not every notification has a crash. Frustrating. At least it doesn't kill X, which I suppose makes it tolerable.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X