X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayland

The Wayland support sounds exciting!
    XCB sounds good too!

I hope they make the user experience better too. Less cluttered. Less clicks. More relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
      AFAIK when KF5 is ready, you will be able to compile an existing KDE4 app against Qt5/KF5/KDE4Support with minimal code adjustments. […] anything using KDE3Support will be rewritten or killed with fire by the time KF5 is out
      So what is it? Make up your mind.
      There are still applications using KDE3Support. Granted, not many, but they are there and their porting process will take longer.
      At least Juk is currently not completely ported away from KDE3Support: http://community.kde.org/Juk#Porting_plan

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I hope they make the user experience better too. Less cluttered. Less clicks. More relevant.
        4.11 looks and feels almost exactly the same as 4.10, so no. However as part of the KLyDE project at least System Settings will be cleaned up.

No idea where you are clicking all the time anyway…

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          So what is it? Make up your mind.
          There are still applications using KDE3Support. Granted, not many, but they are there and their porting process will take longer.
          At least Juk is currently not completely ported away from KDE3Support: http://community.kde.org/Juk#Porting_plan
          Nothing against Juk but: maybe cause no one is interested in him? I think nearly everybody uses a player like Amarok or mpd.
          Juk is to slow if you have large music collections.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
            Nothing against Juk but: maybe cause no one is interested in him? I think nearly everybody uses a player like Amarok or mpd.
            I like juk, nice and simple interface, but yeah it is way too slow with large collections

Comment

updated my opensuse repo from 4.10 to 4.11 and have to say it runs really smooth so far !

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
                Juk is being ported, just slowly.
                And yes, Juk's database is slow. Hopefully it'll be ported to Nepomuk or SQLite in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  Juk is being ported, just slowly.
                  And yes, Juk's database is slow. Hopefully it'll be ported to Nepomuk or SQLite in the process.
                  I hope they use the same ressource as Amarok if they port to Nepomok.

Comment

After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.

Comment

Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
                      Do you have kwin crash issues?

Comment

Originally posted by
                        makomk;351296
                        After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.
                        Funky, glad I have never ran into this on my laptop or desktop.
                        Last edited by bakgwailo; 08-16-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rvdboom View Post
                          Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
                          Me, Fedora with the latest stack, no crashes

Comment

I am running KDE 4.11 both with r600g (Radeon HD 4570) and radeonsi (Radeon HD 7870) and the desktop is pretty solid. No crashes due to the desktop itself with the open drivers.

Regards,

José

Comment

I have an ATI card in my laptop (Radeon HD 6730M/6770M/7690M), and using both the latest stable and beta Catalyst driver, I did all sorts of weird stuff with window decorations. No crashes, but it is pretty much all documented under: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=323065. Feel free to add to the bug report if this is what you are talking about (haven't tried the FOS drivers yet as I need the 3.11 power management first since it is a laptop). Didn't happen to me in 4.10.

Comment

Originally posted by makomk View Post
                                Once or twice a day for me. Kubuntu 13.04, KDE 4.10 and 4.11, nVidia proprietary driver. Whenever the crash happens, it's in conjunction with a system notification. But not every notification has a crash. Frustrating. At least it doesn't kill X, which I suppose makes it tolerable.

Comment

Working...
                                X