Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

    Phoronix: KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

    While KDE's KWin has experimental Wayland support in KDE 4.11, it won't be until about one year from now where the Wayland support for the KDE desktop is fully baked and offered in a release form. The wait should be worth it though with the exciting KDE Plasma Workspaces 2 and KDE Frameworks 5...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQxNjc

  • #2
    it need's to say "Kubuntu Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer" and PS F** Off Canonical
    you know thats a Slap in the face Kubuntu is going for Full Wayland

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
      it need's to say "Kubuntu Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer" and PS F** Off Canonical
      you know thats a Slap in the face Kubuntu is going for Full Wayland
      At the bottom of his blog there's white text on white background, select it with the mouse to read it, it says just that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Summer 2014 will then (hopefully!) see the first stable version of Plasma Workspaces 2, running natively on a Wayland stack.
        One shouldn't put anything related to KDE and the word "stable" in the same sentence.

        Comment


        • #5
          Dear Canonical,



          Sincerely,
          Wayland

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            At the bottom of his blog there's white text on white background, select it with the mouse to read it, it says just that.
            I ctrl A-ed the page and couldn't find the invisible text.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
              One shouldn't put anything related to KDE and the word "stable" in the same sentence.
              I can say the Same for all Ubuntu Release's to date. now for Debian 7.1 alls i can say is Stable, but some times i like to fix shit

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                it need's to say "Kubuntu Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer" and PS F** Off Canonical
                you know thats a Slap in the face Kubuntu is going for Full Wayland
                Why would they? If anything the Kubuntu team show Stockholm Syndrome in full action. Why else would maintainers of other DE packages even endure Canonical any longer?

                Normal people would've packed their stuff and left to join Tanglu, Fedora’s Korora, or openSUSE.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  Normal people would've packed their stuff and left to join Tanglu, Fedora’s Korora, or openSUSE.
                  I'm definitely looking forward to XFCE & Wayland.

                  Linux has a bright future and the future is Wayland.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                    Why would they? If anything the Kubuntu team show Stockholm Syndrome in full action. Why else would maintainers of other DE packages even endure Canonical any longer?

                    Normal people would've packed their stuff and left to join Tanglu, Fedora’s Korora, or openSUSE.
                    Kubuntu has to few Developers to do a lot i say it's just best for them to use Ubuntu's Base for now and wait and see if Debian picks it up a little bit or even use openSUSE

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm more excited about LXDE-Qt, I still use KDE 3.5 currently from the OpenSuSE build service. I'm going to have to face the fact that still using the 3.5 branch is basicly necromancy and X11 is at the end of it's tenure.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I suspected as such, but nice to have official confirmation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                          I ctrl A-ed the page and couldn't find the invisible text.
                          Try soaking your monitor in citric acid and sticking it to the oven. That should do the trick.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dee. View Post
                            Try soaking your monitor in citric acid and sticking it to the oven. That should do the trick.
                            You don't need to do that.

                            Originally posted by Sebastian Kügler
                            We can compare them (Mir and Wayland) right now, and this is what we base our planning on. If the situation changes dramatically, be sure that we’ll react to these changes. As it looks like right now, users are simply better off with this roadmap as it aims at stability, not disrupting the user experience, while making technological progress.

                            Mir targets one desktop as a design decision from day one, not a decision that has been made after upstream projects have expressed their reservations. The barriers for Mir adoption are not purely technical, however. For upstreams, that means: it’s inferior in its development process, in its ability to be interfaces from third party projects, in its licensing and from a development status point of view. These points make the decision fairly straightforward.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                              I suspected as such, but nice to have official confirmation.
                              is this official?
                              http://blogs.kde.org/2013/06/26/kubu...ng-mir-or-xmir

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X