No announcement yet.

KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot more people use VLC than Transmission, as even lots of Windows users use it. More people might even use MythTV than Transmission. Not beating on Transmission, but...

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
      Mathematica and Maya are proprietary and I thought we were discussing FOSS here.
      You never said anything about it being FOSS, you just said "Software".

And VLC is probably one of the most popular video players in existence.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        No, you can still use the LGPL license for commercial applications so long as it is dynamically linked.

The reason you would need the closed license is if you want to statically link to Qt for whatever reason, or you want to modify the source code of Qt without releasing your changes to the public.
        As far as I know Qt has Linking Exeption: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-exe-with-lgpl

Comment

...because a crappy and incredibly ugly DE based on a half-proprietary toolkit is just what FOSS needs.

You just won my personal "Most stupid post of the year 2013" competition. The year is not over yet, but I'm sure no one can top that...

Comment

It's not about what license Qt is available under right now. It's about what it represents. Initially it took 5 years and a lot of pressure to make Trolltech release it under GPL.
            Neither did it take 5 years, nor was Qt's previous license (QPL) non-free.

Comment

Non-free =! unlinkable with GPL programs.

Comment

Working...
              X