Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing With GTK/Qt5/SDL/EFL On Wayland 1.2

Phoronix: Playing With GTK/Qt5/SDL/EFL On Wayland 1.2

The Wayland LiveCD has been updated against the new Wayland/Weston 1.2 release. This Linux LiveCD also ships with the Wayland-enabled GTK3, Qt5, SDL, and Enlightenment EFL tool-kits for easily trying out this next-generation Linux display stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, a reduced .iso! Only 1 gig.

Comment

Damn, it isn't even released on fridays!
      Anyway, it is good that so much toolkits start working with Wayland.

Comment

If the iso freezes in VirtualBox on bootloader menu, enable PAE in VM options. Works ok in framebuffer mode.

Comment

Yeah, KMS (nouveau) didn't work (unresponsive dimmed screen), framebuffer did but was slow.

I was hoping to see an option to try KWin since it has a wayland back-end now.

Comment

I don't see how to test anything, there's just a toolbar above with unrelated functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              I don't see how to test anything, there's just a toolbar above with unrelated functionality.
              For me, it hanged at the login screen. I realised that after I patiently waited for the auto login timeout to disappear. Better luck next time, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
                For me, it hanged at the login screen. I realised that after I patiently waited for the auto login timeout to disappear. Better luck next time, I hope.

What kind of hardware do you have? Intel? Nvidia?
                The autologin calls up a second weston server on a new tty.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  Those are launchers for the wayland/xwayland programs...

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
                    Those are launchers for the wayland/xwayland programs...
                    I can only see login/logout/restart and other session management buttons, no visible way of launching an app.

Comment

Working...
                    X