No announcement yet.

A New X.Org-Free Wayland LiveCD Released

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmcharron View Post
    Wow I got moderated..... Yet you let Q/LinuxAnals spew garbage over this forum. I'm done with Phoronix... My comment was harsh but it wasn't anything that was already said...
    Maybe that was your last chance... hmm?

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
      Interesting... Konsole has window buttons? but it's an xwayland app, and the mini X window manager weston uses for xwayland apps doesn't support buttons yet... ...are you sure it's Konsole?

I'm looking into that. It seems the keybinding's lost. EDIT: I found that my loginmanager scripts are not starting weston in the correct PWD. I now made the fix to start it in the correct PWD to the svn
      The loginmanager's weston crashed or the user session? That could be westons fault... ...but I did after the ISO release have to make some tty related fixes to the loginmanager... I don't know what that could be

No xwayland does not have access to screenshooting in Weston...

I the next ISO, I'll have logging to var/log/syslog for the loginmanager. I just found a really sweet command called "logger"

My mistake, Xwayland does not have those buttons (sorry).

The user session crashed, when doing a copy to clipboard (from Firefox, I think) and once by switching active windows by clicking.

Yeah, logger is nice, but make sure the user can access the logs without needing to use root or anything, please.

wayland on Nemo on N950 handset

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
          Ah, I see. Well, Weston is there and so (I expect) that functionality to be there to (is it called the chrome? really? confusing.. anyway, thanks for clearing that up). But I suppose that not all the toolkits are fully ported (or contain bugs).
          The term "chrome" has been used for that stuff - the non-content parts of an application - since long before the Chrome browser came out. I guess it'd blow your mind to learn that the term is all over the *Firefox* source code...