Jolla Brings Wayland Atop Android GPU Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
    Are you trying to tell us one of the most evil companies is better than Canonical? Stop kidding.
    Companies cannot be evil. They can be profitable or not.

Comment

But what about Google? Everybody loves Google!

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
        But what about Google? Everybody loves Google!
        Or EA. Everybody hates EA.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Bullshit. Ethics don't stop applying to you just because you decide to act as a "corporation". If you do unethical things, you're evil. If your company does unethical things, your company is evil. It's not rocket science.

Profitability has nothing to do with it. You can make profit without doing evil things.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
            Bullshit. Ethics don't stop applying to you just because you decide to act as a "corporation". If you do unethical things, you're evil. If your company does unethical things, your company is evil. It's not rocket science.

Profitability has nothing to do with it. You can make profit without doing evil things.
            +1 Doing evil != profitable.

Comment

Every company that sells services for a whole distribution should definitively also work on the kernel. If Canonical only did Unity and sold that for other distributions, you'd be right, but Canonical distributes Ubuntu as a whole.
              For me, it is completely ok to work on other aspects from the open source software stack. The linux kernel is just a (maybe replaceable) part of the open source software stack.

Comment

The question is not whether outsiders believe ethics should apply to corporations or not, the question is whether the corporations themselves are aware of the ethical implications of their decisions, which I think they are not. Corporations don't actually make decisions - which means they don't have free will, and that has a whole other host of ethical implications, but that would be off-topic to this conversation - but as I was saying, corporations don't make decisions, their employees make the decisions. We can judge the ethics of these employees, because they are people, but we can't judge the ethics of corporations. Corporations simply have no conscience.

Comment

Do you know any non evil action from Monsanto ? I cannot imagine a computer company that opens a biological war against life on planet earth.
                  Last edited by dibal; 13 April 2013, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dibal View Post
                    Do you know any non evil action from Monsanto ?
                    Here ya go: http://www.monsantofund.org/

God I love the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
                      Here ya go: http://www.monsantofund.org/

God I love the internet.
                      Does Monsantofund founds projects in countrys that not accept patents on life ? Or is is a door opener to accept the Monsanto patent policy ?

God I love people who believes in greenwashing.

Comment

Working...
                      X