Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

    Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

    Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

  • #2
    I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    Last edited by mark45; 03-10-2013, 11:44 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
      Yea, that's always a pain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
        Amen to this. Pretty much every fullscreen game fucks up. Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
          +1 to this

          Comment


          • #6
            Does anyone else wonder

            If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?

            Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

            Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

            http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
              If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?
              What the hell are you talking about, all the currently available code for Mir is public.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
                If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?
                Why would they do the coding then? Mir's repo has code going back months

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Micket View Post
                  Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.
                  From what I can tell, that's because they never scale down the resolution, they just scale up the viewport to match the native one instead.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah, frak you Mir!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X