Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    Last edited by mark45; 03-10-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
      Yea, that's always a pain.

Comment

Amen to this. Pretty much every fullscreen game fucks up. Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.

Comment

+1 to this

Comment

Does anyone else wonder

If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

Comment

Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
              If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?
              What the hell are you talking about, all the currently available code for Mir is public.

Comment

Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
                Why would they do the coding then? Mir's repo has code going back months

Comment

Originally posted by Micket View Post
                  Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.
                  From what I can tell, that's because they never scale down the resolution, they just scale up the viewport to match the native one instead.

Comment

Yeah, frak you Mir!

Comment

Working...
                    X