Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADWC: A Tiling Window Manager For Wayland

Phoronix: ADWC: A Tiling Window Manager For Wayland

There's now the first tiling manager for Wayland. Called ADWC, this open-source tiling manager can already start applications using XWayland. There's some videos showing off this Weston fork, including the Opera web-browser and KDE's KWrite running on Wayland...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA5MTA

Very nice make sure it mimics notion (ion3) behaviour, hard to beat wm.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
      Nice, now if someone can port kwin to Wayland I'm sold.
      KWin's main developer, Martin Grasslin, had said he stopped the KWin - Wayland effort because of lack of a stable release. Now that the stable release is imminent, he sure will return to the work.

Comment

Nice seeing Wayland targeted projects turning up in the wild already, both a testament to it attracting interest and that it's maturing very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
          [...] Now that the stable release is imminent, he sure will return to the work.
          What stable release are we talking about? 0.85 or something newer?

Comment

Originally posted by runeks View Post
            What stable release are we talking about? 0.85 or something newer?
            I am not sure, if 0.85 is considered stable or beta. I was cautious here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
              I am not sure, if 0.85 is considered stable or beta. I was cautious here.
              I believe Martin Grlin's complaint was that there wasn't any release of Wayland, and developing against Wayland master with its constant protocol changes was... challenging. So yes, I think 0.85 would qualify here. It's quite a lot more stable than master.

I don't think 0.85 has officially been called stable / beta / alpha / etc. anywhere, but it's pretty stable.

Comment

Working...
              X