Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutter/Cogl Running On Wayland Master

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clutter/Cogl Running On Wayland Master

    Phoronix: Clutter/Cogl Running On Wayland Master

    The Clutter tool-kit and Cogl (Clutter's OpenGL component) have been updated to work against the latest Wayland Display Server code-base...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAyOTI

  • #2
    Yay for that

    Thanks to Intel for choosing Clutter as preferred testing platform for Wayland. GTK+ is next.

    Microsoft, Nokia, Digia or some other commercial software dudes may deal with the Qt stuff. LOL.

    Comment


    • #3
      in the video you can see a chrome icon on the wayland panel

      does this mean they are working on it or that it runs on WL???

      Comment


      • #4
        Who knows? Considering that Wayland protocol supports X11, it may mean literally everything. My bet is that Chrome was used to test the compatibility.

        Comment


        • #5


          This screenshot shows chrome running in wayland using the Aura window manager. Aura is -according to the webernets- a WM that will be used in Chrome OS.

          What runs through what (ie X on WL etc) and if Aura supports WL i have no idea.

          Comment


          • #6
            What does MX stand for? (He said he's working on Gtk & MX now).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
              Thanks to Intel for choosing Clutter as preferred testing platform for Wayland. GTK+ is next.

              Microsoft, Nokia, Digia or some other commercial software dudes may deal with the Qt stuff. LOL.
              It seems you're anti Qt troll. Qt is working on Wayland if you're not aware. Gtk is pure crap compared to Qt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                What does MX stand for? (He said he's working on Gtk & MX now).
                http://git.clutter-project.org/mx/tree/README

                You could have easily searched that

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                  http://git.clutter-project.org/mx/tree/README

                  You could have easily searched that
                  Thanks, I did google for "MX" but it issued a lot of useless stuff.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                    It seems you're anti Qt troll. Qt is working on Wayland if you're not aware. Gtk is pure crap compared to Qt.
                    For someone who uses another person for being a troll, you seemed to have descended below civil discourse as well and IMO in a worse way. GTK is a Free and open source software toolkit, developed together by several vendors and volunteers, requires no copyright assignment to a single vendor and is the foundation for several different desktop environments and applications. Even if you value Qt a whole lot more, competition and diversity of approaches is valuable. Let's not engage in trash talking.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X