No announcement yet.

Another Benefit To Wayland: Its Screensaver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time i used a screen saver was at a party. Projecting it on the people with a DLP makes a great substitute for laser

They may be usefull for some other specific stuff, but mostly not

I do set up the screen saver and monitor power off to a dt of 1 min between them. This way if i need the screen i have a "warning" before the screen goes off, so i can save some power cycles to it and maybe prolong its life this way

Comment

Originally posted by Ashc View Post
      Last time i used a screen saver was at a party. Projecting it on the people with a DLP makes a great substitute for laser

They may be usefull for some other specific stuff, but mostly not

I do set up the screen saver and monitor power off to a dt of 1 min between them. This way if i need the screen i have a "warning" before the screen goes off, so i can save some power cycles to it and maybe prolong its life this way
      This is a pretty good idea, actually! I think I'll try this myself.

Comment

Whether or not you believe a screensaver should display a beautiful image or animation or not is one thing, but when you lock your screen so it prevents people from either being able to use the machine or read the contents of the screen, it needs to do that properly and reliably.

The way things are now, if you can arrange it so that the screen saver process dies, bingo, you're back in to the machine. But even if you can't manage that, usually when you hit a key after the screen saver has been started, you get a flicker of the contents of the screen under the screen saver. Not very private, and is one thing that will get addressed by this improvement.

Comment

Working...
        X