No announcement yet.

Mesa 11.0 Officially Released With OpenGL 4.1 For RadeonSI/Nouveau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely stuff. I anxiously await this hitting the Arch repos and shall be testing any and all things OpenGL 4 + in my Steam library soon after it does.

If anyone who had any part of this is reading, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post

Not without LLVM 3.7 it won't. Being stable doesn't change anything if your maintainer isn't packaging the minimum requirements to enable features at build time.
      Thank you for clearing that up for me, I appreciate it

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Pharma View Post

i think it wouldn't

yes it will

Comment

Considering that a lot of projects have moved to a shorten development cycle successfully, maybe also the Mesa project should adopt such strategy and move on a 4 months release cadence?
            It means less time to have a new extension or a bug fix available.

Comment

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
              Considering that a lot of projects have moved to a shorten development cycle successfully, maybe also the Mesa project should adopt such strategy and move on a 4 months release cadence?
              Mesa already has 3 months release cadence... for a year or so if not two
              Last edited by dungeon; 12 September 2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Mesa 12 for when OpenGL 4.5 and OpenGLES 3.2 compliance is finished?
                Last edited by My8th; 12 September 2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
                  Why would you want Mesa to slow down from their current 3 month release cycle to a 4 month one?

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
                    I'd prefer Vulkan for Mesa 12 and OpenGL 4.5 for Mesa 13

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
                      No, Mesa 12 will be released whenever the next hardware driver exposes a new OpenGL level over 4.1. That will almost certainly be 4.2 or 4.3, not the full 4.5.

Comment

Working...
                      X