Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Features Of Mesa 10.3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The New Features Of Mesa 10.3

    Phoronix: The New Features Of Mesa 10.3

    Mesa 10.3 is gearing up for its official release in the weeks ahead and with the code having already been branched here's a rundown of the many new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3MjQ

  • #2
    Nice list of features, but it really does not mean anything if the in-kernel drivers remain broken.

    RadeonSI's gpu lockup issues are still occurring randomly enough to be a major showstopper and nouveau...is still nouveau.

    For the record, I had been suffering radeonsi's GPU lockup issues since kernel 3.11 in Fedora 20 up till now. Only 3.13 brought some stability; 3.14 and 3.15 caused the issue to occur again on my Kabini notebook.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      Nice list of features, but it really does not mean anything if the in-kernel drivers remain broken.

      RadeonSI's gpu lockup issues are still occurring randomly enough to be a major showstopper and nouveau...is still nouveau.

      For the record, I had been suffering radeonsi's GPU lockup issues since kernel 3.11 in Fedora 20 up till now. Only 3.13 brought some stability; 3.14 and 3.15 caused the issue to occur again on my Kabini notebook.
      If you're going to cry on Phoronix, you should probably clarifiy your hardware specs for other people to comment on

      For the record, I haven't had lockup problems with amd hardware this decade.

      [edited: because before I was being a big jerk, now just kind of jerk-ish]
      Last edited by jaxxed; 08-25-2014, 01:21 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I believe him: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980
        Did you try drm-fixes-3.17?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          I believe him: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980
          Did you try drm-fixes-3.17?
          No, rolled back to 3.13. I need this notebook for work.

          Anyway, judging from what is posted https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980#c117, drm-fixes-3.17 is not solving the issue.

          Comment


          • #6
            Quick Question.

            Does - GLX DRI3 GPU offloading support. help optimus laptops where the user is using the prop. nvidia driver and the intel driver?

            Or does it only help opensource nvidia + intel driver combo's?

            EDIT: Also, is this ending up in Ubuntu 14.10?
            Last edited by dh04000; 08-25-2014, 02:47 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
              No, rolled back to 3.13. I need this notebook for work.

              Anyway, judging from what is posted https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980#c117, drm-fixes-3.17 is not solving the issue.
              this bug seems to affect only certain generations of GCN cards, so far i can say Cape Verde(HD 77XX series) and Kabini AM1 Semprons are unaffected(i have those 2 on bleeding edge arch and are tested unaffected) but well if your specific GPU is hit by that bug i agree can be annoying

              on the bright side RadeonSI is basically rock solid outside those GCN generations affected by this bug

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                Anyway, judging from what is posted https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980#c117, drm-fixes-3.17 is not solving the issue.
                I was replying that drm-fixes-3.17 is 90% stable for me while radeon crashed LOL

                [121054.909144] radeon 0000:01:00.0: ring 3 stalled for more than 10000msec
                [121054.909150] radeon 0000:01:00.0: GPU lockup (waiting for 0x0000000000983653 last fence id 0x000000000098364e on ring 3)
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                  this bug seems to affect only certain generations of GCN cards, so far i can say Cape Verde(HD 77XX series) and Kabini AM1 Semprons are unaffected(i have those 2 on bleeding edge arch and are tested unaffected) but well if your specific GPU is hit by that bug i agree can be annoying

                  on the bright side RadeonSI is basically rock solid outside those GCN generations affected by this bug
                  'Annoying'?

                  It's completely not usable. period.

                  And the fastest, surefire way to trigger it is to launch a web browser (FF or Chromium) + Libreoffice and open 3 -5 tabs on the browser. Boom, GPU lockup.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, dri3 is still broken by design for intel graphics, so not much of improvements this mesa.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X