Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian + radeonsi

Hi all.
    This is my first post, I hope it's the right section. (and sorry for my poor english)

I've never compiled anything from mesa.
    Yesterday I bought a r7 265 ati card. Now I boot up my debian box and it started with raster driver.

I googled a lot and finally found this thread. Seems a very good solution.

I followed all steps and finally all compiling stuff came to an end.
    But I have a problem. When I try to install: mesa-i386_10.3.0-devel-1_i386.deb (32-lib for steam, compiled in a chroot with 32bit stuff) I run into a problem.

This package try to overwrite file and config from: mesa_10.3.0-devel-1_amd64.deb

I'm doing it wrong, but I can't find a solution.

Now I have a running mesa 10.3 (with llvm3.5) on amd64, but nothing on 32bit side.

EDIT: this is going to be a disaster. I've tried to revert from mesa 10.3 to the standard realease of debian and now:
    Code:
    # glxinfo
    name of display: :0
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

For radeonsi acceleration in Debian to work at all, you need glamor enabled xserver-xorg-video-radeon from experimental.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
      For radeonsi acceleration in Debian to work at all, you need glamor enabled xserver-xorg-video-radeon from experimental.
      Mmmm, I'm sorry but I can't find any version of radeon in experimental.

https://packages.debian.org/search?s...g-video-radeon

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
        I can't find that package in experimental. Where did you find it?

Comment

xserver-xorg-core and mesa from experimental + xserver-xorg-video-ati from sid should be enougth.

Comment

Originally posted by towo2099 View Post
            xserver-xorg-core and mesa from experimental + xserver-xorg-video-ati from sid should be enougth.
            Actually no, ddx in sid is builded for xserver 1.15... he needs one rebuilded for xserver 1.16 .

That package was uploaded in experimental, but seems like ftp-masters rejected it for some reason .

Comment

I'm on sid.
              Upgrading xserver-xorg-core (to experimental) breaks all xserver-xorg-video*, xserver-xorg and xorg.
              I can upgrade only xserver-xorg-common to 1.15.99 (experimental).

sorry for the double post.

Comment

It's not hard to rebuild xserver-xorg-video-ati/xserver-xorg-video-radeon against xserver 1.16 from experimental.

Comment

It's not hard to rebuild xserver-xorg-video-ati/xserver-xorg-video-radeon against xserver 1.16 from experimental.
                  Yup it is not hard at all (for me and you at least ) but what i point out currently that is *a must* (proper binary package is not there) so user must do it .

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    Yup it is not hard at all (for me and you at least ) but what i point out currently that is *a must* (proper binary package is not there) so user must do it .
                    Can you point me to a guide? So I can try?

I have another problem now.

I'm back on my APU CPU. A8-3870k with FOSS radeon driver.
                    But steam prompt me:
                    Code:
                    Error: OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.
                    But:
                    Code:
                    glxinfo | grep rendering
                    direct rendering: Yes
                    I have installed all the steam related stuff.
                    The problem appeared when I switched from self-compiled mesa+glamor+ati to the standard set from debian.

What can I do?

Comment

Working...
                    X