Mesa 10.0 Release Brings OpenGL 3.3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    Mesa10 is only really better for intel users . AFAIK an have read a bit that Mesa10 does not incorporate many if any advantages that Nouveau or Radeon people can take advantage of until the Radeon an Nouveau drivers themselves can take advantage of this New stuff in Mesa10
    Then you haven't been paying attention. You're wrong. Look again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
      That's a huge overstatement. It's more to the likes of "NVIDIA throws the Noveau devs some bread crumbs here and there so users aren't left with completely useless desktops". As soon as just a little bit of info on reclocking was requested, the NVIDIA guy got very reserved, basically saying "hmm, we'll have to think very hard about a solution where you can somehow get better power management, without us releasing any hw specs"
      I like how they submitted pretty much the same documentation that the nouveau guys were aware already of through reverse-engineering

Comment

Actually, it depends on many things : performance improvements are only for the newest intel graphics and only for 2 out of 5 linux games, a little bit older intel graphics (not so old, because is still supported by intel in wndows 8.1) doesnt get any noticeable performance improvements, plus if we would choose other 3/5 linux games, not those useless games that no one plays and somehow still being tested oh phoronix, then performance is terrible, even windows versions of those games running with wine has better performance than native linux versions, not to mention that on windows you get like 3-4 times more fps, i.e. 15 fps on linux and 45-60 fps on windows.

Comment

I smell a trolling attempt. Let's analyze the facts:

Originally posted by startzz View Post
          ...performance improvements are only for the newest intel graphics...
          Ok, so you're saying that the performance improvements in the Mesa 10 are only applicable to somewhat newer hardware, that's fair.

...even windows versions of those games running with wine has better performance than native linux versions...
          If the same game running on the same hardware using the same drivers performs better under wine, how's that got anything to do with Mesa? If anything it shows differences in optimizations in the game itself

Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            I smell a trolling attempt. Let's analyze the facts:

Ok, so you're saying that the performance improvements in the Mesa 10 are only applicable to somewhat newer hardware, that's fair.

If the same game running on the same hardware using the same drivers performs better under wine, how's that got anything to do with Mesa? If anything it shows differences in optimizations in the game itself

Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.
            Go home dude, ur drunk. I just stated FACT, that overall gaming performance on linux with intel graphics still is unacceptable. It has to do with mesa in this way - mesa still sucks. I see, that "trolling" u kids call what is hard for you to understand and u are not fanboy of those facts.

Comment

Go home dude, ur drunk. I just stated FACT, that overall gaming performance on linux with intel graphics still is unacceptable. It has to do with mesa in this way - mesa still sucks. I see, that "trolling" u kids call what is hard for you to understand and u are not fanboy of those facts.
              It seems you have missed some FACTS:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag..._compare&num=3

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                It seems you have missed some FACTS:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag..._compare&num=3
                This is not a fact, its just one useless benchmark running at terrible terrible laaag and one useless game that no one plays. Plus it was done only by Intel HD Graphics 4000, and there is much more to test, from intel hd1000 to hd5200, Plus there was no testing, linux intel drivers only supports opengl 2 for now, and only opengl 3 support is coming with mesa 10, wich is still pathetic... It is almost the same thing as having 3x nvidia titans in one pc and saying that nvidia rules...
                As i said, the opposite test : intel hd graphics 1000, game - torchlight; linux fps - ~15, totally unplayable, windows 7-8.1 - ~50-60 fps.
                Last edited by startzz; 12-02-2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

If the Windows version running on Wine is faster than the native version then devius is probably right. Seems like this would be due to a poor quality port rather than being Mesa/Intels fault.

Comment

As i said, the opposite test : intel hd graphics 1000, game - torchlight; linux fps - ~15, totally unplayable, windows 7-8.1 - ~50-60 fps.
                    Torchlight is in fact perfectly playable on Intel HD Graphics (maybe not in Full HD I played it in 1280960.)

Comment

Working...
                    X