Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D Gets An OpenMAX Video State Tracker

Phoronix: Gallium3D Gets An OpenMAX Video State Tracker

Mesa's Gallium3D can now handle OpenMAX! OpenMAX, short for Open Media Acceleration, is the Khronos standard for a C-language interface for abstraction of routines for audio, video, and image processing. With this initial implementation by AMD, the OpenMAX Gallium3D support allows hardware acceleration of MPEG-2 and H.264...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi10p? Niiiiiiice
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

This is probably most interesting for running Android on AMD hardware, since as far as I can tell, Android is about the only thing that could actually make use of both mesa and openmax.

Comment

Sounds Really nice. But is some progress on the deinterlacing front? On DVB-S2 many channel broadcast in 1080i

Comment

For me Deint works fine with vdpau.

Will this really be merged or will it end like the nv_vdpau_interop patches?

Comment

Defnetly looks like some effort to support android and, who knows, steamos.

Comment

Any chances to get Hi10P with VDPAU or VA-API as well?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                Any chances to get Hi10P with VDPAU or VA-API as well?
                For VDPAU at least, the API itself needs to be updated to support it. Not sure about VA-API.

Comment

So does this mean that openmax can handle hi10p with uvd? I've read all over the internet that it was physically not possible and that the feature has to be added on the silicon level first...

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
                    So does this mean that openmax can handle hi10p with uvd? I've read all over the internet that it was physically not possible and that the feature has to be added on the silicon level first...
                    UVD can handle hi10p, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                    X