OpenGL 3.3 Support Lands In Mesa! Possible Mesa 11.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Why bother? GL3.txt actually lists ALL features of ALL versions, not just OpenGL 3.x
    I don't see OpenGL 2.x listed. I don't see OpenGL 1.x listed.

Now 3.x is done. Time to move on. Time to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
      I don't see OpenGL 2.x listed. I don't see OpenGL 1.x listed.

Now 3.x is done. Time to move on. Time to move up.
      Sorry, you're right on the first two points. OpenGL 1 and 2 aren't listed because when the document was created all of the major drivers had 2.1 compliance and they made a list of what was needed for 3.x . In the same list they also made a listing of everything that was needed for 4.x, they just kept the name the same. Just scroll down in the document, 4.X is listed

Comment

Kudos to the intel and mesa teams. My i7 laptop, my primary computer, has in the last year undergone an incrdible transformation in capability. While I won't pick intel for a steambox, for many users who need a laptop for work but like to play games in thier downtime, this is a welcome change. The HD4000+ is not a bad thing, but it falls just shy of what I want and in a loptop usually means really high temperatures when you push it to decent levels. If it keeps going this way, in a few in a few tick/tock cycles intel without dedicated GPU may become a viable option for low/mid range gaming computers. Realy all they need to do is 1080p at 30-60fps without overheating in a laptop. Right now the i7-HD4000 in a system 76 laptop will get to over 80C at 720p on most games (but have playable frame rates).

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
          This is great news for Intel users. Does anyone know how long will we have to wait until AMD reaches the same level of support? Thank you.
          This, Also when will OpenCL 1.0 hit? We have UVD, it wont be long before OpenGL3.3 are working, it would be really nice to see the full feature set of the HD2000-HD4000 series be completely covered in the spring round of distro releases.

Comment

I confirm!

r600g needs only geometry shaders for 3.2! Everyother listed extension is present even GL_ARB_texture_multisample.

Comment

Well, it's landed in git, and it's still Mesa 10:

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
              OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
              OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-37cd9ac)
              OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
              OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
              OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
              OpenGL core profile extensions:
              GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_AMD_conservative_depth,
              GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend, GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture,
              GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3, GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5,
              GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility,
              GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_ARB_base_instance,
              GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_ARB_copy_buffer,
              GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_clamp,
              GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend,
              GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_draw_instanced,
              GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions,
              GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object,
              GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_get_program_binary,
              GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex,
              GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_ARB_internalformat_query,
              GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range,
              GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_point_sprite,
              GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_sampler_objects,
              GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding,
              GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod,
              GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing,
              GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object,
              GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc,
              GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_texture_float,
              GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_texture_multisample,
              GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels,
              GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_rg,
              GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_ARB_texture_storage,
              GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle,
              GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object,
              GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object,
              GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev,
              GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_EXT_abgr,
              GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2,
              GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit,
              GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled,
              GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_packed_float,
              GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex,
              GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix, GL_EXT_texture_array,
              GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc,
              GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic,
              GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode,
              GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_snorm,
              GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_transform_feedback,
              GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays, GL_KHR_debug,
              GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba, GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture,
              GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil,
              GL_OES_EGL_image, GL_OES_read_format, GL_S3_s3tc

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
                Well, it's landed in git, and it's still Mesa 10:
                From the patch author:

I thought the Wikipedia article and FAQ entries would have given it
                away, but...this was not actually a serious patch. I'm surprised how
                few people got it, but at least four of us thought it was hilarious.

It's not every day you get such a perfect opportunity for the classic
                "this one goes to 11" joke. (If you don't know the reference, feel
                free to look it up on youtube.)

At any rate, Mesa 10.0 is looking to be an awesome release. Great work,
                all!

--Ken

Comment

Does Unigine Heaven 4.0 or Unigine Valley 1.0 run now?

Comment

Originally posted by gsedej View Post
                    Does Unigine Heaven 4.0 or Unigine Valley 1.0 run now?
                    NO (OGL 4.0 needed), and NO IDEA (web page list no API versions... just name proprietary drivers as necessary without reasoning as to why)

Comment

applicable to the earlier comments regarding the missing GL_ARB_texture_multisample on r600:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...6d188a100ddb0f

Comment

Working...
                      X