Mesa 10.0 Is Declared: OpenGL 3.2 Comes For Intel Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
    OpenSuSE 12.3 (had Kernel:HEAD, and X11 enabled for 3.11 and Mesa 9.2, but deleted them before added Yours)

Code:
    przemoli@linux-51yz:~> glxinfo | grep Mesa
    client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel

przemoli@linux-51yz:~> glxinfo | grep OpenGL
    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD REDWOOD
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:

przemoli@linux-51yz:~> sudo zypper install Mesa-demo-x
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'Mesa-demo-x' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'Mesa-demo-x-8.0.1-8.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.

Comment

firmware

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
      Are You sure that proper FIRMWARE is on Your machine?

*_smc.bin

In:

/lib/firmware/radeon
      there are
      TAHITI_ce.bin
      TAHITI_mc.bin
      TAHITI_me.bin
      TAHITI_pfp.bin
      TAHITI_rlc.bin
      TAHITI_smc.bin
      TAHITI_uvd.bin

all from 28.july - however HD 7950 is known as Tahiti Pro - should there be a TAHITIPRO_smc.bin?

Comment

Which llvm-files should be installed for radeonsi?
        I am confused about those llvm-r600 files, as the name indicates that those are without radeonsi support...
        There is however only libclang and libllvm left then and no clang and no llvm files....

Comment

fglrx....

for the time being i headed back to
          fglrx64_xpic_SUSE131-13.20.11-1.x86_64

however.... i messed up my system completely somehow:

Code:
          glxinfo 
          name of display: :0
          libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
          libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
          X Error of failed request:  0
            Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
            Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
            Serial number of failed request:  33
            Current serial number in output stream:  33
          and steam says

Code:
          OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.
          For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.
          the linked support-article doesn´t help me. Anyone know how to enable direct rendering?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            for the time being i headed back to
            fglrx64_xpic_SUSE131-13.20.11-1.x86_64

however.... i messed up my system completely somehow:

Code:
            glxinfo 
            name of display: :0
            libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
            libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
            X Error of failed request:  0
              Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
              Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
              Serial number of failed request:  33
              Current serial number in output stream:  33
            and steam says

Code:
            OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.
            For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.
            the linked support-article doesn´t help me. Anyone know how to enable direct rendering?
            Are you sure you removed fglrx correctly the last time? also, did you remove/reinstall the X and mesa packages?

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
              Are you sure you removed fglrx correctly the last time? also, did you remove/reinstall the X and mesa packages?
              I did delete the fglrx-rpm via the package manager. Is there anything more to do to remove it completely except deleting the xorg.conf?

I did NOT delete X and mesa, I just upgrade them for the OSS driver. For fglrx I also did NOT re-install them. Why? I did not know that this may be a source of error...is it? Why? I´d like to learn!

Comment

Now I did re-install every bit of mesa xorg drm etc. and fglrx but the error remains. Maybe just a bug in this suse RC1 or the fglrx-beta... i´ll have to wait for the stable releases me think

Comment

I did delete the fglrx-rpm via the package manager. Is there anything more to do to remove it completely except deleting the xorg.conf?

I did NOT delete X and mesa, I just upgrade them for the OSS driver. For fglrx I also did NOT re-install them. Why? I did not know that this may be a source of error...is it? Why? I´d like to learn!
                  well, at least for ubuntu/debian, it's recommended to remove and reinstall mesa and X when removing fglrx: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx

Comment

hard freeze again

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                    well, at least for ubuntu/debian, it's recommended to remove and reinstall mesa and X when removing fglrx: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx
                    I followed the tutorial now and updated everything again after deleting fglrx etc. - it made no change. I got a hard freeze again.

Is glamor.conf really needed and in which dir? It seems to make no difference if it is there or not?
                    And I already have a 05_glamor.conf that is automatically created - so whats the right name for the file exactly and the exact content??

Section "Module"
                    Load "dri2"
                    Load "glamoregl"
                    EndSection
                    Section "Device"
                    Identifier "Radeon"
                    Driver "radeon"
                    Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                    EndSection
                    Do I have to manualy put other files somewhere and with which contents?

thx
                    Last edited by tomtomme; 10-15-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Hi Pontostroy,

today I switched from 13.1 to factory. Now the hard freeze on startup is gone, x11 however crashes to console. The good thing is, now I can get logs and I can also boot to kde with grub-option x11failsafe and radeon.dpm=1
                      Switch to radeon.dpm=0 only does not help.

http://pastebin.com/z0P88GNz (xorg.0.log from the normal boot that crashed x with radeon.dpm=1)

Are there more I could post?
                      Here some extracts:

cat Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
                      Code:
                      [     8.405] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                      [     8.407] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                      [     8.408] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                      [     8.415] (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                      [     8.415] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
                      [     8.415] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                      [     8.415] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                      [     8.415] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                      [     8.415] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
                      [     8.481] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
                      [     8.496] (II) RADEON(0): glamor detected, initialising EGL layer.
                      [     8.770] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
                      cat Xorg.0.log | grep EE
                      Code:
                      [     8.397] Current Operating System: Linux linux.site 3.12.0-rc4-2-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 11 16:35:04 UTC 2013 (8fdbb19) x86_64
                              (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
                      [     8.405] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
                      [     8.770] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
                      [     8.811] (EE) 
                      [     8.811] (EE) Backtrace:
                      [     8.811] (EE) 0: /usr/bin/Xorg (xorg_backtrace+0x3d) [0x584cbd]
                      [     8.811] (EE) 1: /usr/bin/Xorg (0x400000+0x188a29) [0x588a29]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 2: /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x7fa102b34000+0xf9f0) [0x7fa102b439f0]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 3: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x3229dc) [0x7fa0f66cc9dc]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 4: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x3233dd) [0x7fa0f66cd3dd]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 5: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x31c9ea) [0x7fa0f66c69ea]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 6: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x31d595) [0x7fa0f66c7595]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 7: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x454a8) [0x7fa0f63ef4a8]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 8: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x334055) [0x7fa0f66de055]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 9: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x464e4) [0x7fa0f63f04e4]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 10: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so (0x7fa0fdee3000+0x46cb6) [0x7fa0fdf29cb6]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 11: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so (0x7fa0fdee3000+0x3d40a) [0x7fa0fdf2040a]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 12: /usr/bin/Xorg (InitExtensions+0x41) [0x4ad561]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 13: /usr/bin/Xorg (0x400000+0x2be90) [0x42be90]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 14: /lib64/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7fa1019a7be5]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 15: /usr/bin/Xorg (0x400000+0x2c3a1) [0x42c3a1]
                      [     8.812] (EE) 
                      [     8.812] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x50
                      [     8.812] (EE) 
                      [     8.812] (EE) Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
                      [     8.812] (EE) 
                      [     8.812] (EE) 
                      [     8.812] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
                      [     8.812] (EE) 
                      [     8.818] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
                      Last edited by tomtomme; 10-17-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

got it! glamor works now on openSUSE factory on radeonsi!

First I made a zypper dup without pontostroys repositorys, so reverted to mesa 9.2.1.
                        Then I unsucessfuly tryed the fglrx 13.11 beta with this bare openSUSE factory (only RC1 supported), I uninstalled it again and deleted every xorg.conf glamor.conf etc.
                        Restart.
                        Then I just did a zypper dup with pontostroys repos enabled, started the kernel 3.12.rc5 with radeon.dpm=1 and everything worked out of the box. No glamor.conf no xorg.conf no nothing! Not even changing every single package to the version in pontostroys repo - some have a lower version number and I did change them the other times I tried.
                        So KDE runs with openGL 2 and steam games like mark of ninja are butter smooth.
                        here some loggs how it should look like on opnenSUSE.

Code:
                        tomtomme@linux:~> glxinfo | grep Open
                        ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
                        OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
                        OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
                        OpenGL extensions:
                        tomtomme@linux:~> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
                        [    12.484] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                        [    12.486] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                        [    12.491] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                        [    12.510] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
                        [    12.510] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                        [    12.510] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                        [    12.510] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                        [    12.510] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
                        [    12.598] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
                        [    12.614] (II) RADEON(0): glamor detected, initialising EGL layer.
                        [    12.891] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
                        tomtomme@linux:~> cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/05-glamor.conf
                        Section "Module"
                                Load  "dri2"
                                Load  "glamoregl"
                        EndSection

Comment

more

I checked package versions and saw that it did NOT switch to pontostroys llvm 3.4 but stayed with 3.3. also main MESA package and libgbm1 are still on 9.2.2, while rest is on 10git. I do not know why zypper dup did not switch to mesa 10git - the repo has a higher priority and I could force the switch. However - glamor and 3D accel work now with radeonsi and I do not care about those versions

additional tests made:
                          - kde with native backend & openGL crashes - with xrender-backend shows corruption
                          - kde works with raster backend without any corruption from x-render to opengl 2.0 (very smooth)
                          - Left4Dead is smooth without AA.
                          - SeriousSam 3 tries to load but fails despite removing the appcache before as suggested in other forums.
                          - brütal legend shows intro but crashes at load of first level

maybe i´ll test the forced switch to mesa 10 and llvm3.4 tomorrow.
                          Last edited by tomtomme; 10-23-2013, 06:12 AM.

Comment

glamor works now on openSUSE factory on radeonsi!
                            it has since near the end of July

tomtomme@linux:~> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
                            You'll want to use:
                            Code:
                            cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -e glamor -e GLAMOR
                            to catch all the glamor related messages ... or visually troll through the entire log file

[ 12.891] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
                            As you can see, Xv support has still not been picked up in their builds ... I was hoping that it would have in the latest given: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...840#post364840 , however, discovered this isn't the case yet when testing the latest build yesterday for myself.

(another confirmation check is "xvinfo")

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_K View Post
                              As you can see, Xv support has still not been picked up in their builds ... I was hoping that it would have in the latest given: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...840#post364840 , however, discovered this isn't the case yet when testing the latest build yesterday for myself.
                              I just poked them about this with a(n email) stick. Hopefully a quick resolution is provided

Comment

[ 12.891] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
                                Code:
                                zypper -r se glamor
                                Loading repository data...
                                Reading installed packages...

S | Catalog           | Bundle | Name               | Version     | Arch  
                                --+-------------------+--------+--------------------+-------------+-------
                                i | pont_x11          |        | glamor             | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64
                                v | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor             | 0.5-3.1.3   | x86_64
                                v | pont_x11          |        | glamor             | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586  
                                v | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor             | 0.5-3.1.3   | i586  
                                  | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debuginfo   | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64
                                  | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debuginfo   | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586  
                                  | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debugsource | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64
                                  | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debugsource | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586                                                                               
                                  | pont_x11          |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64                                                                             
                                  | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5-3.1.3   | x86_64                                                                             
                                  | pont_x11          |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586                                                                               
                                  | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5-3.1.3   | i586
                                Code:
                                xvinfo                                                                                                                                
                                X-Video Extension version 2.2                                                                                                                          
                                screen #0                                                                                                                                              
                                  Adaptor #0: "GLAMOR Textured Video"                                                                                                                  
                                    number of ports: 16
                                    port base: 63
                                    operations supported: PutImage 
                                    supported visuals:
                                      depth 24, visualID 0x21
                                    number of attributes: 5
                                      "XV_BRIGHTNESS" (range -1000 to 1000)
                                              client settable attribute
                                              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
                                      "XV_CONTRAST" (range -1000 to 1000)
                                      "XV_SATURATION" (range -1000 to 1000)
                                      "XV_HUE" (range -1000 to 1000)
                                      "XV_COLORSPACE" (range 0 to 1)
                                    maximum XvImage size: 8192 x 8192
                                    Number of image formats: 2
                                      id: 0x32315659 (YV12)
                                        guid: 59563132-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
                                        bits per pixel: 12
                                        number of planes: 3
                                        type: YUV (planar)
                                      id: 0x30323449 (I420)
                                        guid: 49343230-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
                                        bits per pixel: 12
                                        number of planes: 3
                                        type: YUV (planar)
                                Code:
                                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BONAIRE
                                OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel

Comment

Working...
                                X