Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 10.0 Is Declared: OpenGL 3.2 Comes For Intel Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    To my knowledge they bump the major version when a new OpenGL version is reached. Does this mean that when they hit OpenGL 3.3 it'll go to 11 or will the keep it at 10 because of the timeframe in which the two landed??

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ClockHeart View Post
      To my knowledge they bump the major version when a new OpenGL version is reached. Does this mean that when they hit OpenGL 3.3 it'll go to 11 or will the keep it at 10 because of the timeframe in which the two landed??
      3.3 can still land this cycle, if the work can get done quick enough.

      Comment


      • #18
        Thanks for the help, folks. Seems I can't upgrade xserver on Kubuntu 12.04 LTS using backports without losing a whole bunch of important KDE packages. I'll wait for Saucy to come out next week and upgrade everything then.

        Anyway, thanks and well done to all the devs that have got Mesa to this stage.

        Comment


        • #19
          r600g OpenGL 3.2

          The last bit that it took Mesa and the Intel driver to support OpenGL 3.2...
          Waiting to see 3.2 support on r600g!!! Not advertised yet...

          Code:
          OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
          OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER
          OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
          OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
          OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
          OpenGL core profile extensions:
          OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

          Comment


          • #20
            what to compile?

            I want to compile Mesa from git to see radeonsi improvements. Is it enough to compile only MESA or do i also need DRM and radeon-DDX and there is also somethin caled DRI???

            Iīm now on

            Code:
            glxinfo | grep OpenGL
            OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.3, 128 bits)
            OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 9.2.1)
            OpenGL extensions:
            kernel 3.11.3
            opensuse 13.1 RC1 x64



            ... so my problem is I donīt know which howto I should follow at best:

            http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building/

            http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonBuildHowTo/

            or even http://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestio...n_ubuntu_1210/ and adapting it to my opensuse 13.1 RC1

            any hint much appreciated!

            Comment


            • #21
              mesa 10 but no radeonsi

              I compiled and installed drm 2.4.47 and then mesa 10, both from git.
              I also used the option

              Code:
               ./configure --with-gallium-drivers="radeonsi,svga,swrast"
              but still glxinfo says i am running on llvmpipe:

              Code:
              OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.3, 128 bits)
              OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
              what is wrong?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                I compiled and installed drm 2.4.47 and then mesa 10, both from git.
                I also used the option

                Code:
                 ./configure --with-gallium-drivers="radeonsi,svga,swrast"
                but still glxinfo says i am running on llvmpipe:

                Code:
                OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.3, 128 bits)
                OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
                OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                what is wrong?
                check that glamor is working, otherwise you won't be able to make use of the radeonsi, and you'll get the fallback.

                Comment


                • #23
                  glamor not working...

                  Originally posted by Tyler_K View Post
                  check that glamor is working, otherwise you won't be able to make use of the radeonsi, and you'll get the fallback.
                  thanks!
                  you are right, glamor is not working:
                  Code:
                  cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
                  [     7.472] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                  [     7.474] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                  [     7.478] (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context
                  [     7.478] (II) UnloadModule: "glamoregl"
                  [     7.478] (II) Unloading glamoregl
                  [     7.478] (EE) Failed to load module "glamoregl" (loader failed, 7)
                  [     7.491] (WW) RADEON(0): glamor requires Load "glamoregl" in Section "Module", disabling.
                  I have no clue how to enable it, or why it failed to load... so I will also try to compile it from git.

                  press thumbs

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    still not working

                    I followed this howto to install glamor from git
                    http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Glamor/

                    Additionaly I installed drm, mesa and xf86-video-ati from git.
                    However even after creating the two glamor.conf files X11 crashes at login and glxinfo complains about unable to open display...

                    if I would follow those bug report https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=69341
                    comments I would additionaly have to compile
                    - drm-next from kernel 3.12 for 3.11.3
                    - llvm and clang git (now 3.3)

                    to make it work on my HD 7950. Wow. Anyone know an easier solution? I do not have a clue how I extract drm-next from 3.12 - or is drm git the same? Then only llvm and clang would be missing.
                    But maybe there is also something obvious that is wrong in the above glamor tutorial???
                    In the arch-forums
                    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=163079
                    they discuss if there must also be a radeon.conf and but nobody seems to know exactly what should be in there.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      back to llvmpipe

                      Now I added a /etc/modules-load.d/radeon.conf file which contains "radeon" without the quotes - the arch-forum tells it should be there.

                      But in combination with the 20-radeon.conf files in place I got a hard freeze and had to reset and load via failsafe. I deleted the 20-radeon.conf files as also suggested in the arch-forum and now I am back on KDE but with llvmpipe as before. At least no x11-crash or hard-freeze.

                      Code:
                      glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                      OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
                      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.3, 128 bits)
                      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
                      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                      OpenGL extensions:
                      
                      cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
                      [    27.160] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                      [    27.162] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                      [    27.163] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                      [    27.173] (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                      cat /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/glamor.conf
                      cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/glamor.conf

                      both with
                      Code:
                      Section "Module"
                              Load  "dri2"
                              Load  "glamoregl"
                      EndSection
                      Section "Device"
                          Identifier "Radeon"
                          Driver "radeon"
                          Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                      EndSection

                      so glamor seems to work now but I am still in falback mode... what the heck?
                      any more hints are very much appreciated.

                      specs:
                      Radeon HD 7950 (radeonsi)
                      opensuse 13.1 rc1 x64
                      kernel 3.11.3
                      mesa git
                      xf86-video-ati git
                      drm git
                      glamor git
                      llvm 3.3
                      xserver 1.14


                      cheers tomme
                      Last edited by tomtomme; 10-13-2013, 09:13 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                        Code:
                        cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
                        [    27.160] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                        [    27.162] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                        [    27.163] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                        [    27.173] (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                        so glamor seems to work now
                        No, that is not indicating that its working. Those are just the module loading and option selection acknowledgement messages. You'd get further, and explicit, messages in the log if glamor accel was enabled.

                        but I am still in falback mode... what the heck?
                        any more hints are very much appreciated.
                        Others have found it to be finicky to get working too -- there are literally three other on-going threads related to AMD adaptors & glamor right now -- suggest you look to them for further clues (as well as being more appropriate spots (i.e. on topic) for further inquiry):

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                          Now I added a /etc/modules-load.d/radeon.conf file which contains "radeon" without the quotes - the arch-forum tells it should be there.

                          But in combination with the 20-radeon.conf files in place I got a hard freeze and had to reset and load via failsafe. I deleted the 20-radeon.conf files as also suggested in the arch-forum and now I am back on KDE but with llvmpipe as before. At least no x11-crash or hard-freeze.

                          Code:
                          glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                          OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
                          OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.3, 128 bits)
                          OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
                          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                          OpenGL extensions:
                          
                          cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
                          [    27.160] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
                          [    27.162] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
                          [    27.163] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                          [    27.173] (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                          cat /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/glamor.conf
                          cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/glamor.conf

                          both with
                          Code:
                          Section "Module"
                                  Load  "dri2"
                                  Load  "glamoregl"
                          EndSection
                          Section "Device"
                              Identifier "Radeon"
                              Driver "radeon"
                              Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                          EndSection

                          so glamor seems to work now but I am still in falback mode... what the heck?
                          any more hints are very much appreciated.

                          specs:
                          Radeon HD 7950 (radeonsi)
                          opensuse 13.1 rc1 x64
                          kernel 3.11.3
                          mesa git
                          xf86-video-ati git
                          drm git
                          glamor git
                          llvm 3.3
                          xserver 1.14


                          cheers tomme
                          try this

                          http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/ mesa drm llvm xf86-video-ati ftom git
                          http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/ kernel

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                            Is Kernel:HEAD behind with commits to this drm-next?

                            (And where can I find pkg for piglit ? )

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                              thanks!
                              I tried and it gets me again the hard freeze saying something like

                              RIP fffffdf4938743fdffff radeon_vm_bo_add......

                              I tried with and without radeon.dpm=1 in grub2 and with and without the glamor.conf-files.
                              The glamor.conf files did not do anything, but with dpm=1 the freeze is at

                              ERROR radeon uvd

                              or so

                              I always have to reset and start the failsafe-mode and then the logs are gone - or is there a trick to get the old logs for you? I would like to help!
                              Here is the xorg-log from failsafe if this helps...http://pastebin.com/66ZbvUBx

                              thomas
                              Last edited by tomtomme; 10-13-2013, 04:25 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                                thanks!
                                I tried and it gets me again the hard freeze saying something like

                                RIP radeon_udo......

                                I tried with and without radeon.dpm=1 in grub2 and with and without the glamor.conf-files.
                                The glamor.conf files did not do anything, but with dpm=1 the freeze is at

                                ERROR radeon uvd

                                or so

                                I always have to reset and start the failsafe-mode and then the logs are gone - or is there a trick to get the old logs for you? I would like to help!
                                Here is the xorg-log from failsafe if this helps...http://pastebin.com/66ZbvUBx

                                thomas
                                Are You sure that proper FIRMWARE is on Your machine?

                                *_smc.bin

                                In:

                                /lib/firmware/radeon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X