No announcement yet.

How to contact MESA devs on some pesky performance bug?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still same. Gnome isolated as the culprit.

I already explained what you need to do. Install Fedora 19 or 20 and downgrade Mesa to 9.1 and see if you still have a problem.

Here is a step by step guide:
        Install git:
        $ yum install git

Clone the Mesa repository:
        $ git clone git://

Chekout the 9.1 branch:
        $ git checkout 9.1

You may need to install some build dependencies. I needed to install this:
        $ sudo yum-builddep mesa

Rather than overwrite your distros Mesa install it is recommended you create a new directory. The one we will be using is /opt/xorg this way you can switch back to a stable version of Mesa.

Configure and build Mesa
        $ ./ --prefix=/opt/xorg --enable-texture-float --with-dri-drivers="i965" --with-llvm-shared-libs --enable-debug --with-gallium-drivers=""
        $ make

Install Mesa to the new directory you have created:
        $ make install

Now configure your system to use the 9.1 version of Mesa you just built:

First create a new text file:
        $ sudo gedit /etc/

Add your mesa direcory (the line below) to the text file and save it:

Then update /etc/environment to add new environment variable that tells libgl where to look for dri driver:
        $ sudo gedit /etc/environment

Add the following line:

Then run ldconfig as root to update the linker cache to point to the version of mesa you just built.
        $ sudo ldconfig

You can then check the version of Mesa using glxinfo
        $ glxinfo

Now it it says you are using Mesa 9.1 restart your computer and tell us if you still see the issue with Gnome.

To switch back to the default version of Mesa just delete /etc/
        $ sudo rm /etc/

and remove the line you added to the environment file and rerun ldconfig as root