Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 9.2 Release Candidate 1 Now Surfaces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    BTW, where are Fedora packages of this? Mesa 9.2.0 rc1 solves an important issue with EGL + r600g (vsync is broken), so if I can get those updated packages, I'll finally be able to use KDE 4.11 with EGL and v-sync. So Mesa 9.2.0 is really important for us.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
      BTW, where are Fedora packages of this? Mesa 9.2.0 rc1 solves an important issue with EGL + r600g (vsync is broken), so if I can get those updated packages, I'll finally be able to use KDE 4.11 with EGL and v-sync. So Mesa 9.2.0 is really important for us.
      Code:
      sudo yum info mesa-dri-drivers
      Its already mesa 9.2 (July 23rd snapshot)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
        Also, then we could say "This Mesa goes to 11"
        But then we'd have no incentive to ever develop GL 4.0 support.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
          We've joked that since we'd be jumping two GL versions, we'd jump two Mesa versions as well. Also, then we could say "This Mesa goes to 11"
          That's exactly what I was referring to

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            Code:
            sudo yum info mesa-dri-drivers
            Its already mesa 9.2 (July 23rd snapshot)
            Not enough (the bug I'm referring to was fixed on August 3th, and we are waiting for Mesa 9.2 rc1)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
              Not enough (the bug I'm referring to was fixed on August 3th, and we are waiting for Mesa 9.2 rc1)
              Theeeeeeen wait and see if they bump the git snapshot before release, or just wait for the official release *shrugs* All you can do unless you want to compile it yourself.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
                We've joked that since we'd be jumping two GL versions, we'd jump two Mesa versions as well. Also, then we could say "This Mesa goes to 11"
                You know what would be even cooler?

                Release Mesa 9.2 as Mesa 11, because OpenGL 3.3. is essentially done.

                Then, when the last features needed for OpenGL 3.2 are finished, release Mesa 10! Because 3.2 < 3.3.

                Then go to Mesa 12 when OpenGL 4 is released.

                That would be kind of cool. ... I guess.

                Maybe not?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  You know what would be even cooler?

                  Release Mesa 9.2 as Mesa 11, because OpenGL 3.3. is essentially done.

                  Then, when the last features needed for OpenGL 3.2 are finished, release Mesa 10! Because 3.2 < 3.3.

                  Then go to Mesa 12 when OpenGL 4 is released.

                  That would be kind of cool. ... I guess.

                  Maybe not?
                  Nah, that's not how it works. You can't advertise OGL 3.3 compliance before 3.2 features are all complete. So by extension you can't advertise Mesa 11 before Mesa 10 features are done

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by adam777 View Post
                    First attempt worked like a charm - played a video for a few seconds in mpv using UVD (hwdec=vdpau, vo=vdpau) without any problem.
                    Since then, everything went downhill - mpv can't play anymore, it will just lock (and take the whole system with it) once it's done with the initialization phase (filter selection etc.).[/CODE]
                    Looks like this one: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67994.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up.
                      Since posting things went even worse - system will lock for no apparent reason, so I reverted to 9.1.6.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X