Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khronos Publishes OpenGL 4.4 Specification

Phoronix: Khronos Publishes OpenGL 4.4 Specification

Khronos unveiled today the OpenGL 4.4 specification as the latest industry-standard graphics API. OpenGL 4.4 delivers on buffer placement control, efficient asynchronous queries, shader variable layout, efficient multiple object binding, and a streamlined process for porting of Direct3D applications...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQxNzI

"Expect the proprietary AMD and NVIDIA Linux GPU drivers to soon begin enabling support for OpenGL 4.4"
    i bet we See the Nvidia Drivers this year and the AMD driver by the time HL3 releases

Comment

nice

OpenGL ES 3.0 was released at the same time last august as opengl 4.3 i wonder if we will be getting a new es version anytime soon too. V2.0 came out years earlier so it is probably unlikely.

Comment

So will my 500 series GeForce with OGL 4.3, get support for 4.4 with a new driver? I thought that is determined by the hardware, what OGL specificatio it can support. Or is the change not so dramatic that it can be enabled with a driver?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          So will my 500 series GeForce with OGL 4.3, get support for 4.4 with a new driver? I thought that is determined by the hardware, what OGL specificatio it can support. Or is the change not so dramatic that it can be enabled with a driver?

Some specs. will probably not be fully supported/accelerated in hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
            "Expect the proprietary AMD and NVIDIA Linux GPU drivers to soon begin enabling support for OpenGL 4.4"
            i bet we See the Nvidia Drivers this year and the AMD driver by the time HL3 releases
            I bet we never see Nvidia release OpenCL 2.0 compliant kernel support, never mind 1.2.

Comment

would be great if someone did a tech demo based on OpenGL 4.4

Comment

Conformance tests

Apparently every driver now has to pass a test suite before being certified. Finally!

Comment

Originally posted by jrdls View Post
                  Apparently every driver now has to pass a test suite before being certified. Finally!
                  Too bad there is no reference implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdls View Post
                    Was that not already the case? I thought that's what your certification money "bought", was someone to run the tests and verify it passed.

Comment

Working...
                    X