Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Gets Support For GL4's Separate Shader Objects

Phoronix: Mesa Gets Support For GL4's Separate Shader Objects

Patches were published on Friday for the ARB_separate_shader_object extension of the OpenGL 4.1 specification...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Geometry shaders and GLSL 1.5 will be enough to get my graphics card about as far as it goes.
    (HD3200, supposedly GL3.3)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
      Geometry shaders and GLSL 1.5 will be enough to get my graphics card about as far as it goes.
      (HD3200, supposedly GL3.3)
      Actually, separate shader objects are useful and doable on your hardware as well. It just didn't become a standard part of OpenGL until GL 4. In particular, it'll help Serious Sam 3 run a lot better, and likely more games going forward. I strongly suspect we'll support it on HD 3000.
      Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
      Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Not directly related to the news, but...

GL 3.2:
        Multisample textures (GL_ARB_texture_multisample) DONE (i965)

Just noticed that GL_ARB_texture_multisample seems to ready (not merged yet) for gallium/r600g as well.
        Last edited by fa5hion; 07 April 2013, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
          Actually, separate shader objects are useful and doable on your hardware as well. It just didn't become a standard part of OpenGL until GL 4. In particular, it'll help Serious Sam 3 run a lot better, and likely more games going forward. I strongly suspect we'll support it on HD 3000.
          Whoops, forgot the ambiguity:
          That's Radeon HD 3200

Comment

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
            Whoops, forgot the ambiguity:
            That's Radeon HD 3200
            Yeah, although that extension will probably be available on just about all hardware.

A lot of the newer GL versions can work on older hardware, it's just that some parts of them can't so you can't get the entire benefit of it.

Comment

Working...
            X