Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Open-Source ARM Announcement Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Major Open-Source ARM Announcement Coming

    Phoronix: Major Open-Source ARM Announcement Coming

    There's a very exciting open-source announcement coming soon that will please an increasing number of ARM Linux users and fans of open-source graphics drivers...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0MDA

  • #2
    So I bought you an "awful beer"? Hm, I'll have to donate again when I get my next paycheck so you can order a beer that doesn't suck.

    Or maybe you did that just because I'm an open source zealot

    Either way, enjoy!

    Comment


    • #3
      3 years later..
      Phoronix - a wonderful #1 site for beer fans, also a site for Linux graphics news & reviews.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        3 years later..
        Phoronix - a wonderful #1 site for beer fans, also a site for Linux graphics news & reviews.
        Yeah, he should start a 2nd site just for beer.

        Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
        So I bought you an "awful beer"? Hm, I'll have to donate again when I get my next paycheck so you can order a beer that doesn't suck.

        Or maybe you did that just because I'm an open source zealot

        Either way, enjoy!
        Yeah, if you want a good Lambic you need to come to Wisconsin http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/590/1585 and http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/590/1577
        I mean really, with these moronic republicans running the state into the ground the only things we have left are our beer, cheese, sausage and kringle industries...

        Comment


        • #5
          I hope the news come from HSA foundation.
          That would be a doub... triple... multiple whammy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
            Or maybe you did that just because I'm an open source zealot
            I'm surprised you guys have yet to figure out the beer reference...
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't tell me, it's Broadcom, isn't it?

              Comment


              • #8
                I know, I know! It's for the Raspberry Pi, no?

                But why do you display some strawberry beer to go with that?

                Comment


                • #9
                  http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTE0MDA

                  the beer of choice is Lindemans Framboise.
                  Read label on picture: http://www.phoronix.com/image-viewer..._raspberry_lrg

                  Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindemans_Brewery
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I saw "Framboise" and thought "strawberry" as well, but strawberry is actually "Fraise".

                    That's why I'm not trusted to buy fruit in Montreal...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                      I know, I know! It's for the Raspberry Pi, no?
                      Oh, that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping for something more widely used in mobile/tablet space. Like MALI-400.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                        Like MALI-400.
                        Or PowerVR...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by devius View Post
                          Or PowerVR...
                          When Michael breaks out the Algad Power Beer (from Algeria), we'll know that PowerVR is going open source.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
                            When Michael breaks out the Algad Power Beer (from Algeria), we'll know that PowerVR is going open source.
                            Haha. You guys are finally starting to realize that when I post pictures of beer on Phoronix there's often double meanings or other information to be gathered from the otherwise random photos....
                            Michael Larabel
                            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                              Oh, that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping for something more widely used in mobile/tablet space. Like MALI-400.
                              We can't do big statements for Mali, like in january/february, anymore When we do have time, we are slowly working on completing things. Nothing spectacular there, except when some interesting milestones are reached or some demos happen. Nothing _as_ big anymore as "now we cracked open an ARM GPU", as we're too bogged down doing slow grunt work

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X