Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallium3D Post-Processing, MLAA Nearly Ready

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    PP is now available in Mesa master.
    Congrats!

    So how do I enable it properly? I maxed out the two last values in the image quality tab in driconf but I couldn't tell the difference in glxgears. I made screenshots and a logged off & back.
    Thanks for the heads-up!

    Comment


    • #22
      - which values?
      - which card/driver?
      - are you sure driconf is setting those for the right driver? I think the GUI is still buggy in that it sometimes uses the wrong driver name (e.g. r300 when it should be dri2)


      In other news, the hw status of MLAA in current master:

      - r300g still lacks ROUND, patch available thanks to Tom
      - r600g affected by loop bug / https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40034
      - nvfx lacking many GL extensions
      - nv50 and nvc0 should work (not 100% sure)

      As I only have the e-350, I don't know whether the loop bug affects other hw in r600g. It's likely though, since the loop support is not really used anywhere (the glsl compiler unrolls even huge loops).

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by curaga View Post
        - nv50 and nvc0 should work (not 100% sure)
        nv50 does not work, at least for me - nv84 card:

        $ pp_jimenezmlaa=2 glxgears
        ATTENTION: default value of option pp_jimenezmlaa overridden by environment.
        Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
        approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
        bld_instruction:1988 - unhandled opcode 27
        Aborted

        pp_nored, pp_noblue, pp_nogreen work OK (with some 25% drop in glxgears reported fps)

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by curaga View Post
          - which values?
          "Morphological anti-aliasing based on Jimenez' MLAA" and its colour version set from 0 to 32.

          Originally posted by curaga View Post
          - which card/driver?
          Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV730

          Originally posted by curaga View Post
          - are you sure driconf is setting those for the right driver? I think the GUI is still buggy in that it sometimes uses the wrong driver name (e.g. r300 when it should be dri2)
          In that case I'm not sure, how do I check it?

          I tried this but failed miserably:
          $ pp_jimenezmlaa=2 glxgears
          Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
          approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
          Segmentation fault


          Thanks for the help!

          Comment


          • #25
            @HokTar

            The gui writes the XML config file ~/.drirc. The "<device screen="0" driver="dri">" line should have dri2 as the driver for r600g. Setting PP_DEBUG=1 will tell you if filters are enabled.

            I wonder if you could post the output of "PP_DEBUG=1 pp_jimenezmlaa=2 glxgears"? Even without the loop bug workaround, I didn't get segfaults, just wrong output.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by curaga View Post
              @HokTar

              The gui writes the XML config file ~/.drirc. The "<device screen="0" driver="dri">" line should have dri2 as the driver for r600g. Setting PP_DEBUG=1 will tell you if filters are enabled.

              I wonder if you could post the output of "PP_DEBUG=1 pp_jimenezmlaa=2 glxgears"? Even without the loop bug workaround, I didn't get segfaults, just wrong output.
              The output doesn't mean much to me, everything seems fine then segfault comes:

              $ PP_DEBUG=1 pp_jimenezmlaa=2 glxgears
              ATTENTION: default value of option pp_jimenezmlaa overridden by environment.
              Initializing the post-processing queue.
              Initializing program
              mlaa: using 2 max search steps
              Queue successfully allocated. 1 filter(s).
              Initializing FBOs, size 300x300
              Requesting 1 temps and 2 inner temps
              Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
              approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
              Segmentation fault


              .drirc says r600 so retrying with dri2 now.

              Comment


              • #27
                I wonder if you could get a backtrace?

                Comment


                • #28
                  Edit not possible...

                  Setting dri2 solves the problem, so PP_DEBUG=1 pp_jimenezmlaa=2 glxgears works fine now.
                  However, I still can't tell the difference even when I set 0 or 32. Fps goes down from ~1500 to ~200, though.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    I'll take that as r700 is affected by the loop bug as well.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by HokTar View Post
                      Edit not possible...

                      Setting dri2 solves the problem, so PP_DEBUG=1 pp_jimenezmlaa=2 glxgears works fine now.
                      However, I still can't tell the difference even when I set 0 or 32. Fps goes down from ~1500 to ~200, though.
                      The normal version doesn't seem to work right, but pp_jimenezmlaa_color should.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X