Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLAA For Mesa Is Ready For Testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MLAA For Mesa Is Ready For Testing

    Phoronix: MLAA For Mesa Is Ready For Testing

    When it comes to this year's Mesa / X projects as part of Google's Summer of Code, progress is being made beyond just the OpenCL Gallium3D state tracker that's now capable of building OpenCL native kernels. Lauri Kasanen, the student developer working on Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) for Mesa, has it working!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTY0MA

  • #2
    This will be a good summer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Reporting

      How should we report our findings? I'll run it on my x1400 tonight

      Comment


      • #4
        Posting to this thread is fine. @Michael, that should probably be binaries and not devs

        Comment


        • #5
          This guy should move donation button to his site. Even AFTER the work. THANK YOU!

          Comment


          • #6
            i already test this stuff days ago

            http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...l-Borked/page6



            thx to curaga for this pre-release test

            Comment


            • #7
              People might not have notices the most important news from this article: that Finnish developers make 32 & 64 bit developers available on freedesktop.org, is this some type of neo-cyber-slavery?


              32-bit and 64-bit developers have also been made available by the Finnish developer on FreeDesktop.org.

              Comment


              • #8
                What kind of feedback is required?

                Code:
                Ran 51.971s, average fps 33.50, min 1
                
                MLAA took on average 0.1ms
                This is from r600g (git as of a few days ago) on a HD5670.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  People might not have notices the most important news from this article: that Finnish developers make 32 & 64 bit developers available on freedesktop.org, is this some type of neo-cyber-slavery?
                  this is the new business stradegie of microsoft they force devs to be slaves and then they sell it to the opensorce people...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    What kind of feedback is required?

                    Code:
                    Ran 51.971s, average fps 33.50, min 1
                    
                    MLAA took on average 0.1ms
                    This is from r600g (git as of a few days ago) on a HD5670.
                    This exactly - hardware, driver, timing info, and whether you get correct picture (see the blog for comparison pics). Also average fps with the effect on and off, that one is not printed, but an estimate will be fine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rendering seems to be fine, both with the sphere and the images. Pretty cool to see this stuff running!

                      Average fps without MLAA is around 180 fps, with around 33.

                      Will try to run the test on G45/Eaglelake and an RV570 tomorrow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Possibly a silly question, but how does MLAA fit in when an application, let's say ETQW, asks for anti-aliasing? Does it ask for a specific method to be used, or is it up to the OpenGL implementation to provide whatever it thinks is fitting?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          New version uploaded that does print average fps for both on and off cases.

                          Originally posted by whizse View Post
                          Possibly a silly question, but how does MLAA fit in when an application, let's say ETQW, asks for anti-aliasing? Does it ask for a specific method to be used, or is it up to the OpenGL implementation to provide whatever it thinks is fitting?
                          The app always asks for a specific type (MSAA usually, but FSAA is available, and the app can ask for vendor-specific things like CSAA etc too). MLAA is not in the GL spec, so it can't be requested.

                          The idea was to let the user specify (via driconf or env var) when to enable MLAA, similar to Catalyst. Having a Mesa-specific GL extension for this would not see much use.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Aha, that's good to know, thanks for the explanation!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So...this MLAA is entirely in software/shader, and not actual GPU anti-aliasing method?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X