No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of the latest builds of the oibaf graphics stack, both Chrome and Chromium display flagrant graphical glitches whilst rendering pages; this occurs using the Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge drivers.

Any explanation as to why?

Comment

• Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
      As of the latest builds of the oibaf graphics stack, both Chrome and Chromium display flagrant graphical glitches whilst rendering pages; this occurs using the Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge drivers.

I have the same results with Spotify. Which uses chromium in it's Discovery overview.
      It happens I think 2 days ago.
      Using kernel v3.13 from ubuntu PPA, up-to-date drivers from oibaf, Intel haswell I3-4330.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        It's looking the curaga branch breaks, disabled now and recompiling.
        Refreshed stats-rebased a while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
          As of the latest builds of the oibaf graphics stack, both Chrome and Chromium display flagrant graphical glitches whilst rendering pages; this occurs using the Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge drivers.

Brandon sent this to me: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73978

Comment

• kind of stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer via searching the www ...so, can I upgrade my current mesa/ati driver without rebooting my system? (I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 Gnome, if that matters)

Comment

• Originally posted by Detructor View Post
              kind of stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer via searching the www ...so, can I upgrade my current mesa/ati driver without rebooting my system? (I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 Gnome, if that matters)
              You can update the ddx (x driver) and mesa without rebooting, you just have to stop X and 3D apps for the new versions to take effect. For kernel updates, you pretty much have to reboot.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                I don't know why he thinks it is flash related. It happens also if one disables flash in chrome://plugins. Also, I was not aware there is a flash content in gmail.com and plus.google.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                  You can update the ddx (x driver) and mesa without rebooting, you just have to stop X and 3D apps for the new versions to take effect. For kernel updates, you pretty much have to reboot.
                  ah, great thanks!

Comment

• Eek! I just updated to the latest, and VMWare Player now black-screen glitches out on me shortly after my Windows 7 VM boots. I know the OS is running fine (sound fx, shutdown/startup screens, runs w/o hardware acceleration), I just can't see anything.

Anybody know what version was good (i.e. before the Chrome glitches)? And how to explicitly downgrade to that version?

Comment

• these drivers are amazing! L4D2 is playing ultra smooth and about 3x as fast as catalyst with no mouse lag, vsync works where it did not before and amazingly AA now works which it did not before and the performance hit is nominal

however, after about 20 - 40mins of playing i am getting system lock ups. Is there any log i can post on here to help ?

Comment

Working...
                      X