Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything seems to be working fine.

    Oneiric 64-bit, Radeon HD 5770.

    Comment


    • Some interesting numbers provided by Canonical on the PPA usage (actually referring to the libtxc-dxtn0 package which is the older one for every Ubuntu release).

      Natty:
      666 downloads on i386
      898 downloads on amd64

      Oneiric:
      6 downloads on i386
      10 downloads on amd64

      Comment


      • I posted bug on xorg. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41744
        They say I don't have S3TC. Don't you have s3tc enabled in your PPA? I installed libtxc-dxtn but still does not work. On my laptop with 9600m (r300g) S3TC works ok with libtxc-dxtn.

        Can you explain your last post. What does numbers it mean?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gsedej View Post
          I posted bug on xorg. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41744
          They say I don't have S3TC. Don't you have s3tc enabled in your PPA? I installed libtxc-dxtn but still does not work. On my laptop with 9600m (r300g) S3TC works ok with libtxc-dxtn.
          libgl1-mesa-dri pacakge "Recommends: libtxc-dxtn0", so it should be automatically installed if you didn't disable installing recommended packages. Can you post the output of dpkg -l | grep libtxc and then again glxinfo ?

          Can you explain your last post. What does numbers it mean?
          They are the numbers the packages get downloaded (i.e. users using the PPA).

          Comment


          • oniric

            Hi, i am italian my english is bad. :-)
            I have installed oniric 64bit, but the file libg3dvlmesa_7.12~git1110141658.ae272a~gd~o_amd64. deb dont install nothing inside directory /usr/lib/vdpau.
            After install i haved only 2 files.
            libvdpau_trace.so.1
            libvdpau_trace.so.1.0.0

            Thanks.
            I think a bug when make a files deb.
            Last edited by Vincenzov; 10-14-2011, 02:00 PM.

            Comment


            • oneiric 11.10 kubuntu 64 bit

              Hi

              I have installed

              sudo add-apt-repository ppaibaf/graphics-drivers

              and

              deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/tista/x120e/ubuntu oneiric main
              deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/tista/x120e/ubuntu oneiric main

              but pretend to install this files libg3dvlmesa_7.12~git1110141658.ae272a~gd~o_amd64. deb

              I have done something wrong?

              thanks for help.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                libgl1-mesa-dri pacakge "Recommends: libtxc-dxtn0", so it should be automatically installed if you didn't disable installing recommended packages. Can you post the output of dpkg -l | grep libtxc and then again glxinfo ?
                gsedej@seraph:~/Prenosi/Unigine_Heaven$ dpkg -l | grep libtxc
                ii libtxc-dxtn0 1.0.1-0.2 S3 Texture Compression (S3TC) library

                glxinfo:
                http://pastebin.com/96JdRUQp

                I found out that I need to use R600_ENABLE_S3TC=1
                But then I get:

                radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                ...
                dmesg:
                [577112.943190] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 49
                [577112.943196] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                [577112.945640] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 49
                [577112.945650] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                [577112.946185] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 52
                [577112.946190] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                [577112.946467] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 51
                [577112.946469] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                [577112.947521] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 51
                ....
                so formats are 49 51 and 52

                Probably some error with kernel?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Vincenzov View Post
                  Hi, i am italian my english is bad. :-)
                  I have installed oniric 64bit, but the file libg3dvlmesa_7.12~git1110141658.ae272a~gd~o_amd64. deb dont install nothing inside directory /usr/lib/vdpau.
                  After install i haved only 2 files.
                  libvdpau_trace.so.1
                  libvdpau_trace.so.1.0.0

                  Thanks.
                  I think a bug when make a files deb.
                  I updated the package, try in a couple of hour, hopefully it should work (before they were installed in /usr/lib/amd64-linux-gnu/vdpau/).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gsedej View Post
                    gsedej@seraph:~/Prenosi/Unigine_Heaven$ dpkg -l | grep libtxc
                    ii libtxc-dxtn0 1.0.1-0.2 S3 Texture Compression (S3TC) library

                    glxinfo:
                    http://pastebin.com/96JdRUQp

                    I found out that I need to use R600_ENABLE_S3TC=1
                    But then I get:

                    radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                    radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                    radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                    radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                    ...
                    dmesg:
                    [577112.943190] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 49
                    [577112.943196] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                    [577112.945640] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 49
                    [577112.945650] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                    [577112.946185] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 52
                    [577112.946190] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                    [577112.946467] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 51
                    [577112.946469] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                    [577112.947521] radeon 0000:01:05.0: r600_check_texture_resource:1214 texture invalid format 51
                    ....
                    so formats are 49 51 and 52

                    Probably some error with kernel?
                    How did you install libtxc-dxtn0? It looks like you downloaded it from an external PPA, that version is not the one in my PPA (you probably installed it over my one with version 1.0.0-0.0~1gd~natty1 thinking it wasn't installed but it already was).

                    Anyway, my packages should be fine. You should try a newer kernel, and see if it's fixed with it.

                    Comment


                    • gsedej looks like you using an old kernel. For Ubuntu you can get an newer kernel @ http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

                      Comment


                      • Oh, thanks. Yes I installed because I am did this on my laptop (RV350) and it works. I will purge it and install your.

                        My kernel:
                        gsedej@seraph:~$ uname -a
                        Linux seraph 2.6.38-11-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 12 21:17:25 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

                        (offtopic: how to edit posts?)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gsedej View Post
                          Oh, thanks. Yes I installed because I am did this on my laptop (RV350) and it works. I will purge it and install your.

                          My kernel:
                          gsedej@seraph:~$ uname -a
                          Linux seraph 2.6.38-11-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 12 21:17:25 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

                          (offtopic: how to edit posts?)
                          That's the latest natty kernel, but that bug may be fixed in a later kernel. Try compiling yourself latest 2.6.39.x (there are no newer kernel on http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ for natty) or try upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 (ships a 3.0.x kernel).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                            (there are no newer kernel on http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ for natty) or try upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 (ships a 3.0.x kernel).
                            But the new version work without problems for me. 11.04 with 3.0.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                              I updated the package, try in a couple of hour, hopefully it should work (before they were installed in /usr/lib/amd64-linux-gnu/vdpau/).
                              Perfect perfect. Thanks.

                              Comment


                              • /media/sda3$ VDPAU_DRIVER=r600 mplayer -vo xvmc prova.mp2
                                mplayer: Symbol `ff_codec_bmp_tags' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
                                MPlayer SVN-r33713-4.6.1 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
                                mplayer: could not connect to socket
                                mplayer: No such file or directory
                                Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

                                Playing prova.mp2.
                                AVI file format detected.
                                [aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
                                [aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
                                VIDEO: [] 720x480 24bpp 29.970 fps 6995.1 kbps (853.9 kbyte/s)
                                Clip info:
                                Software: MEncoder SVN-r34173-4.5.2
                                Load subtitles in ./
                                vo_xvmc: X-Video extension 2.2
                                vo_xvmc: X-Video MotionCompensation Extension version 1.1
                                ================================================== ========================
                                Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                                Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
                                ================================================== ========================
                                ================================================== ========================
                                Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
                                AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1536.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 192000->192000)
                                Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
                                ================================================== ========================
                                AO: [pulse] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
                                Starting playback...
                                Unsupported PixelFormat 61
                                Unsupported PixelFormat 53
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                                vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                                Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                                Opening video filter: [scale]
                                The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                                Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                                e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.

                                FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).


                                Exiting... (End of file)
                                vincenzo@AthlonII:/media/sda3$

                                HI, how configure VDPAU_DRIVER=r600 default?

                                to play i write VDPAU_DRIVER=r600 mplayer -vo vdpau etc.
                                can simply mplayer -vo vdpau etc.
                                Thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X