Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by okias View Post
    Re-synced again, and yes, Glx_mesa_query_renderer is already integrated into nine and number of supplied patches decreased by one. Also comming OGL 4.5 compatibility with DX coordinate system should help get rid of another few commits
    I guess it can be merged into Mesa now. When the D3D1x state tracker was merged, it was in an unusable state. Nine is in a lot better state than that. Also, Nine seems to have users now, which makes it an important project.

    Comment


    • Great, thanks for keeping it updated, I added it again to the PPA, compiling now .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by marek View Post
        I guess it can be merged into Mesa now. When the D3D1x state tracker was merged, it was in an unusable state. Nine is in a lot better state than that. Also, Nine seems to have users now, which makes it an important project.
        That would be great.

        I just wonder is anyone tried tor use nine with ILO?

        Comment


        • Wine patched for D3D9 State Tracker and Gallium Nine

          Hi everyone. I created a PPA for the patched wine required to use Gallium Nine and the D3D9 State Tracker

          https://launchpad.net/~commendsarnex...ive/ubuntu/ppa

          Enjoy

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sarnex View Post
            Hi everyone. I created a PPA for the patched wine required to use Gallium Nine and the D3D9 State Tracker

            https://launchpad.net/~commendsarnex...ive/ubuntu/ppa

            Enjoy


            Welcomed. Please keep it updated, Thanks in advance.

            Comment


            • Unity seems to be broken on Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10 since yesterdays update (Ubuntu loads after login, but Unity is invisible).

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                Unity seems to be broken on Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10 since yesterdays update (Ubuntu loads after login, but Unity is invisible).
                Which driver/card?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
                  Which driver/card?
                  Right, forgot... it's 7770, so Radeonsi.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sarnex View Post
                    Hi everyone. I created a PPA for the patched wine required to use Gallium Nine and the D3D9 State Tracker

                    https://launchpad.net/~commendsarnex...ive/ubuntu/ppa

                    Enjoy
                    Thank you very much. Was waiting for someone to do this.

                    Comment


                    • As discussed here I disabled gallium-nine due to regression in nouveau OpenGL.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                        Unity seems to be broken on Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10 since yesterdays update (Ubuntu loads after login, but Unity is invisible).
                        I booted my laptop and experienced this a little bit ago; just did a dist-upgrade though and it's fine after a reboot.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
                          I booted my laptop and experienced this a little bit ago; just did a dist-upgrade though and it's fine after a reboot.
                          https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=83148

                          Comment


                          • does it install lib3dadapter9.so libs ? because im getting this error while wine compile ...

                            configure: libd3dadapter9 development files not found. Native Direct3D9 won't be supported.

                            Trying a wine already compiled (from sarnex's ppa) throw same error (libd3dadapter9 missing) while running a game

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rhaego View Post
                              does it install lib3dadapter9.so libs ? because im getting this error while wine compile ...

                              configure: libd3dadapter9 development files not found. Native Direct3D9 won't be supported.

                              Trying a wine already compiled (from sarnex's ppa) throw same error (libd3dadapter9 missing) while running a game
                              Read 3 posts up .

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                                Read 3 posts up .
                                wow i read last 8 pages and didnt notice i hope gallium-nine can be rea-dded soon ...

                                is there any possibility to add those library manually or using a .deb installer? I already tried following this guide https://github.com/chrisbmr/Mesa-3D/...rs/nine/README
                                but no luck ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X