No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It breaks XBMC, white screen when I try to play any video.

Comment

• Latest update broke something, cause as soon as my Mint 16 Kernel 3.13 R3 boots, the screen freezes. Have to get in with software rendering. Radeon HD 4250 with HD 5470 hyrid laptop.

Comment

• Nope, turns out the 3.13 R3 kernel I installed really sucks. Not this drivers fault.

Comment

• Is there any way to use LLVM shader compiler with R600 driver? Or LLVM support only built-in for RadeonSI?

I'm use CAYMAN/HD6950 GPU.

Comment

• Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
            Is there any way to use LLVM shader compiler with R600 driver?
            I could enable r600 llvm support but it will be enabled by default and since it's possibly buggy someone will complain. Best would be if mesa developers could make it disabled by default when compiled in and only enabled with an env variable. This way I could enable it and who want to try it could set the env var.

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
            Or LLVM support only built-in for RadeonSI?
            I don't know what you mean here.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              I could enable r600 llvm support but it will be enabled by default and since it's possibly buggy someone will complain.
              Thanks for answer, it's exactly what I want to know.

Comment

• update from today broke again the packages libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libglapi-mesa:i386.

just for your knowledge.

Comment

• Does anyone can tell me when I will finally be enabled DPM radeon RS780 chipset? hd3200

Thanks in advance for the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcin19883 View Post
                    Does anyone can tell me when I will finally be enabled DPM radeon RS780 chipset? hd3200

Thanks in advance for the information.
                    Won't it be enabled by default in 3.13 kernel? You can enabled it now with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet radeon.dpm=1" in " /etc/default/grub". Just remember to run "sudo update-grub" when you're done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                      Won't it be enabled by default in 3.13 kernel? You can enabled it now with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet radeon.dpm=1" in " /etc/default/grub". Just remember to run "sudo update-grub" when you're done.
                      Temperatures average in the rest back to 52 degrees. Catalyst legacy at rest was up to 40 degrees Celsius

Comment

Working...
                      X