Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pali View Post
    New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

    It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.
    Nice. You may want to consider offering updated libvdpau and linux-firmware packages.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pali View Post
      New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

      It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.
      I'm sorry for asking noob question, can I use mplayer with vdpau acceleration after i install this ppa? I use elementary OS ( buntu 12.04 based ) my hardware is amd c50/radeon 6250. Or any detailed instruction furthermore?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wheelloader View Post
        I'm sorry for asking noob question, can I use mplayer with vdpau acceleration after i install this ppa? I use elementary OS ( buntu 12.04 based ) my hardware is amd c50/radeon 6250. Or any detailed instruction furthermore?
        You need updated linux-firmware package for vdpau playback. I will push it to my PPA later.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by pali View Post
          New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

          It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.
          Xorg driver for intel would be great too.


          bajo

          Comment


          • @bajo, @wheelloader:

            New recipes for intel xorg driver and linux firmware packages were created. Just wait until launchpad start creating, building and compiling packages...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DanL View Post
              Nice. You may want to consider offering updated libvdpau and linux-firmware packages.
              Isnt libvdpau from precise-update repository enough? What exactly you need (and why)?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pali View Post
                @bajo, @wheelloader:

                New recipes for intel xorg driver and linux firmware packages were created. Just wait until launchpad start creating, building and compiling packages...
                can you add the instructions and requirement? or I just install all that in ppa n mplayer ready for vdpau acceleration?
                btw, thank you so much

                Comment


                • I have this driver installed with Mint 16 on my laptop and wondering if there's a way to switch between two gpus easily? With kernel 3.12.1 I can't switch between the two GPUS. One is a HD 4250 and the other is HD 5430. Was working with kernel 3.11.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wheelloader View Post
                    can you add the instructions and requirement? or I just install all that in ppa n mplayer ready for vdpau acceleration?
                    btw, thank you so much
                    just add PPA to system and for vdpau install 3.11+ kernel (e.g package linux-image-generic-lts-saucy from precise-updates)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pali View Post
                      @bajo, @wheelloader:

                      New recipes for intel xorg driver and linux firmware packages were created. Just wait until launchpad start creating, building and compiling packages...
                      @pali: Thank you. I will try your ppa today and give you feedback about the progress.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X