Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can confirm the issue. tried hald life 2 and nothing happend after the message launching game.
    no clue where to look for a logfile for this stupid steam. there is nothing in syslog or dmeasseges

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      Try installing this S3TC, it solved some of my problems. World of Warcraft no longer causes rainbow vomit on textures in DX9 mode, which also drastically slows down the frame rate. OpenGL mode also doesn't just randomly crash anymore either, but I still have a strange stutter in OpenGL mode. BTW, D3D is better now then OpenGL due to this issue in WOW.

      Code:
      sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0
      [ "$(uname -m)" = "x86_64" ] && sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386
      Thanks for the suggestion but it seems that these packages are already installed in my system.

      Comment


      • I reported the bug with GoldSrc and Source games here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73854

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mmstick View Post
          I reported the bug with GoldSrc and Source games here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73854
          Damn, I was hoping it would be fixed today.

          Odd that the latest poster has marked it as a duplicate of a bug from last year..? It only started happening yesterday, so something changed yesterday that broke it.

          Comment


          • Sandy Bridge, Corruption in Google Chrome

            Has anyone noticed an issue with Google Chrome, and last mesa/drivers updates? This started happening today. Disabling hardware accelration works around the problem.
            GMAIL
            Phoronix

            Comment


            • Remove oibaf ppa from 12.04

              Hello

              I installed oibaf ppa on 12.04 some time ago. I spotted now it's not updated anymore.
              How to remove packages? ppa-purge does nothing.

              Code:
              $ sudo ppa-purge ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
              Updating packages lists
              PPA to be removed: oibaf graphics-drivers
              Warning:  Could not find package list for PPA: oibaf graphics-drivers
              If i add oibaf ppa (add-apt-repository ppaibaf/graphics-drivers) nothing chages

              Problem is that system takes this packages as locally installed.
              Synaptic would remove half of my system if i wanted to force other version.
              currently istalled version: 2.4.47+git1311070904.ebff7a~gd~p
              packages: xserver-xorg-[intel,ati,radeon,nouveau], libgl1-mesa[dev,dri,glx],libglm,libglapi-mesa,libgles2-mesa, libopenvg1-mesa,libxatracker1, mesa-common-dev

              What else can I do?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gsedej View Post
                Hello

                I installed oibaf ppa on 12.04 some time ago. I spotted now it's not updated anymore.
                How to remove packages? ppa-purge does nothing.

                Code:
                $ sudo ppa-purge ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
                Updating packages lists
                PPA to be removed: oibaf graphics-drivers
                Warning:  Could not find package list for PPA: oibaf graphics-drivers
                If i add oibaf ppa (add-apt-repository ppaibaf/graphics-drivers) nothing chages

                Problem is that system takes this packages as locally installed.
                Synaptic would remove half of my system if i wanted to force other version.
                currently istalled version: 2.4.47+git1311070904.ebff7a~gd~p
                packages: xserver-xorg-[intel,ati,radeon,nouveau], libgl1-mesa[dev,dri,glx],libglm,libglapi-mesa,libgles2-mesa, libopenvg1-mesa,libxatracker1, mesa-common-dev

                What else can I do?
                Code:
                sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:pali/graphics-drivers; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
                Pali handles the open source drivers for Ubuntu 12.04 now. If you upgrade to his PPA it should just replace the packages from Oibaf with his.

                Comment


                • The AA bug in Mesa has been patched and is in the latest packages in Oibaf's PPA. However, the issue with games using libudev.so like GoldSrc and Source games, the patch for that is still not mainlined into mesa yet.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
                    Has anyone noticed an issue with Google Chrome, and last mesa/drivers updates? This started happening today. Disabling hardware accelration works around the problem.
                    GMAIL
                    Phoronix
                    yeah, same here.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                      Code:
                      sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:pali/graphics-drivers; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
                      Pali handles the open source drivers for Ubuntu 12.04 now. If you upgrade to his PPA it should just replace the packages from Oibaf with his.
                      Your solution wasn't perfect. Pali ppa didn't override oibaf's but then I coud use ppa-purge to purge (oibaf's) X-drivers.
                      After purging I could use pali's ppa properly.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
                        yeah, same here.
                        In my case it seems that it happens only on sites which have some google fancy stuff, like youtube or hangouts. After I disabled chat in my mailbox, it doesn't happen any more in my gmail. First I found it strange it happens only with my private account, and not with my gapps for business. The difference is, I don't have hangouts there, but the old google chat.

                        On phoronix it happens only on pages with youtube (or whatever) links.

                        Comment


                        • The GoldSrc and Source games patch is now live in mesa: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...6c27c645cc710d

                          Now just to wait for oibaf to update the PPA and we can play games again.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                            The GoldSrc and Source games patch is now live in mesa: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...6c27c645cc710d

                            Now just to wait for oibaf to update the PPA and we can play games again.
                            Just in time for the next automatic build -11mins .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                              Just in time for the next automatic build -11mins .
                              Looks like that automatic build failed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                                Looks like that automatic build failed.
                                It's looking the curaga branch breaks, disabled now and recompiling.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X